cm. (DayZ)

Dayz Server Monitor...

I'm sure many of us are just wondering if you're going to be blacklisting servers that provide real-time' date=' inverse day/night cycles. No speed or freezing, just inverse.

[/quote']

You can set it to any time you want, reverse or anything. Lunar time if that suits you. Just make sure that it ticks forward at the same time as the rest of us here on Earth are.

We only issue the IP Ban's as an emergency method when a server is detected doing something that might compromise the database.

=D!!

I'd hug you if forums had arms.

So...Inverse servers are going away?

As far as this goes from my end' date=' and perhaps rocket can confirm this, but the (in-game) time is a variable in the DayZ code (something like _time or _date) that, after the local server (ie: the one you actually play on) successfully handshakes and authenticates with the parent server (ie: the one that saves all your data), culls the local time from the local server system (using jaynus' library, aka jayarma2lib or jayarma2lib_new if you're using the beta) and sets that as the time.

From this -- again please don't break everything based on my guesswork until somebody confirms this -- logic would dictate that so long as the master server doesn't have any expectations for what the local time should be (and it shouldn't, since the Arma series is known for introducing time dilation effects when server frames drop), then the following would hold to be true:

1. Altering the in-game mission time by altering the external time it culls itself from is SAFE AND SANITARY. That is to say, if you want to play at noon when it's midnight, go into your actual Windows 2008 R2 server and set Windows system time to noon.

2. Altering the in-game mission time by altering the mission file itself is UNSAFE AND UNSANITYARY AND BREAKS FUCKING EVERYTHING AND DO NOT DO IT.

***Again [b']disclaimer this is entirely guesswork on my part I am not staff or a dev etc and so forth.

Let's be realistic. No one would make their servers freeze in time if night time's gameplay wasn't so horrible. It's exactly why people want their servers running daytime only, because nighttime is absolutely unplayable.

Guys, please, in case you haven't noticed, this is Dayz Server Monitor thread inside Server General section, not a discussion on whether nighttime is horrible or not. Please take that back into the dozens of threads there are in General Discussion and Suggestions.

Apart from that, thank you Rocket and Mojo for explaining stuff.

I think this thread has provided a much clearer understand for many people on how things work exactly. Thank you Mojo and Rocket.

Guys' date=' please, in case you haven't noticed, this is Dayz Server Monitor thread inside Server General section, not a discussion on whether nighttime is horrible or not. Please take that back into the dozens of threads there are in General Discussion and Suggestions.

Apart from that, thank you Rocket and Mojo for explaining stuff.

[/quote']

How is it not relevant? Isn't night time unplayability the root of the problem? As reckless as they were, the server owners still had their players' experience at heart.

It's good that the dev team is plugging technical holes, but the core problem (of players finding another server because it is literally impossible to see a thing) will persist they did not have any plans to increase visibility, I think the game should be at least playable out of the box without the server owners having to fiddle with it.

How is it not relevant? Isn't night time unplayability the root of the problem?

No, it's not. It's the root of a completely separate problem that has nothing to do with this thread other than being mentioned as a problem rocket was having that was causing him as much frustration as server hosts were experiencing due to problems unrelated to that which are coincidentally what the thread is actually dealing with.

So are we still talking about a server monitor? Seems that the stickied post (Server Watch Dog) is irrelevant now, as the creator has halted production as he doesn't even have his server whitelisted.

As i feel i should add to this, ill throw this into the mix. On the 15th, rocket told us he was going to be working on a fix as to why our VDS from NFO was spawning a ghost server of which we had no interaction with and was running with no battle eye protection allowing hackers free rain. We accepted since we didnt want that happening and we wanted this fixed aswell since it was creating issues with our servers. Fast foward to today, 5-20, we still have no access to our servers and infact cant even bring them up, however we now have a nice shiny server monitor.bat file on the vds of which we never heard word of untill i discovered it upon reading this fiasco. So my question to rocket is this, what is going on with our atlanta servers and when are we getting access back because right now i still cant bring anything online and the box we pay for is basically useless.

blackfuse, quit trying to make me look bad here. I've been trying to get my server whitelisted for over a week now.

blackfuse' date=' quit trying to make me look bad here. I've been trying to get my server whitelisted for over a week now.

[/quote']

I really didn't mean it that way, I agree with your current status 100%, why the fuck would you work on a server program for something you can't even use?

I'm trying to get across the point that the program that the dev team has 'sanctioned' (I say this because it is stickied), doesn't work because the dev team can't give the person developing that program access to work on it. I'm really trying to help you, and I deeply apologize if it came across as me badmouthing you.

They got my ip on the whitelist finally(Thank you Matt).

I'll try and release an update tomorrow.

Alright, i accidentally my own post, to sum it up, stronger, open communication is key in any organization, glad to see the Chic 1 servers are up, and the such, thanks to mojo for the help with my ArmA 2 game crashing problem, and keep up the good work, and practice stronger and more open communication it'll save everyone TON'S of hassle, ton's.

Alright' date=' i accidentally my own post, to sum it up, stronger, open communication is key in any organization, glad to see the Chic 1 servers are up, and the such, thanks to mojo for the help with my ArmA 2 game crashing problem, and keep up the good work, and practice stronger and more open communication it'll save everyone TON'S of hassle, ton's.

[/quote']

Well I'm glad I got your CTD's fixed.

Has the server monitor been updated or is there a way to get the new version since I keep seeing that my current version is two steps behind the "live" version.