Sign in to follow this  
jarate

A roleplay server.

It would be ordinary DayZ but not so much based on Survival. Interacting with people without shooting them on sight like the majority do these days. It could also open up to bartering but there would be no Side Chat. The admins wouldn't have a problem since the Roleplay is only encouraged but then again, they could enforce it, it would be entirely up to them.

Brainstorm, guys.

Hey Jarate,

I actually come from a huge roleplaying community known as Lord of the Craft, we're almost 30,000 members strong and are extremely strict on RPing in games we play / host. We've even (as an organized group) tried organizing RP events in DayZ. We've setup military blockades, emergency hospitals, we even attempted to create a clean zone on one of the small islands once.

The problem with DayZ is it is just too easy to be random killed. You can't lock / whitelist your servers to ensure only high quality RPers are playing, the random COD kids come in the end with their snipers (or hacks) and just ruin our fun. If I was allowed to, I would spawn in buildings and structures into my servers to help expand the game world; make camps, fully enterable multi-tier hospitals, military installations, etc, etc. Unfortunetly we're very limited to what rocket allows us to do with our servers, hence it's really hard to have real RP in this game... Needless to say, #LOTC servers always try :).

Edited by Guest

Only if there was a way to get the DayZ mainframe onto another server and run a private server from there... -rubs chin and ponders the thought-

Only if there was a way to get the DayZ mainframe onto another server and run a private server from there... -rubs chin and ponders the thought-

Very simple to accomplish, but then you're not connected to the hive, no loot carry overs :P.