Sign in to follow this  
govnogaming

Hacker/cheater has same name

Hello everyone,

I'm too lazy to use the search button at this time, and figured I could duel post this as a question. Once the official answer is given, it should be posted on the FAQ, since I think many people may have the same question. The question is as follows;

If a hacker/cheater has the same ingame name (Nathan, for example) as me and they get banned, will I get banned as well when I try to connect to that server? I'm assuming the bans are registered to CD key / steam client, not to the actual ingame name itself. I'm new to the whole steam community (first game bought was Arma 2, just for this mod), so I'm not sure how it all works. Is what I have said correct, or not?

Thanks,

theSovietMaster

the battleye guid that shows up when you log in a server - thats what gets banned. (its calculated from your cd key)

the battleye guid that shows up when you log in a server - thats what gets banned. (its calculated from your cd key)

I guess this is the answer, however, I'm more worried about server admins banning me because I connect with the same name as another player they have already banned for hacking/cheating or similar.