Sign in to follow this  
Conster57

A couple I have had in my mind...

Well, tell me what you think, something like a rpg g-mod server i play, where if you havent killed players in a certain time period, you would earn the pacifist title, and have no respawn timer. This could be applied that you respawn with your stuff, but the self defense killings would have to be monitored separately, somehow. Also, something like negative killstreaks for amount of players killed, EG -

2 - Bandit skin

4 - Do 10% less damage

5 - take 15% more damage

7 - make more sound and become more visible

That's it!!! thanks for looking

Alternate title topic: "Punishment for PvP"

• Read the FUCKING sticky ("If it has anything to do with PvP..." part)
  • Use the search bar.
  • Read any one of the "Bandit Solution" threads on the front page right now.

Use your goddamn head.

Rocket has specifically stated that he will not penalize bandits, ever. Bandit skins were removed for this reason. There is no "wrong" way to play the game and mindless PvP is perfectly within rights to do. Penalizing players who enjoy banditry is unfair and against the core idea of the game.

Think of it this way. As a zombie survival sim, we should be running, not hunting, zombies. So for every zombie you kill, you start getting guilt over murdering what were once people. At 50 kills, you start shaking. At 100 kills, you get sick permanently (6000 blood and noises). At 250 kills, you can't reload your weapon anymore and pass out when you see a zombie or player.

Now why does that seem like a bad idea? Because you consider killing zombies to be a core aspect of the game, any mechanic that penalizes killing zombies is a bad idea. So why is killing survivors any different?

Edited by thorgold
  • Like 1

because when you get constantly betrayed and killed, the game isnt fun. now, are you the idiot asshole who thinks that people want to play a game that isnt fun to play!?

because when you get constantly betrayed and killed, the game isnt fun. now, are you the idiot asshole who thinks that people want to play a game that isnt fun to play!?

By is definition, "betrayal" is a breach of trust or loyalty. Ergo, the fact that you're being betrayed and killed is because you're trusting the wrong people. Furthermore, a few negative experiences (bred of your own naivety, no less) are not a reason to nerf a perfectly acceptable playstyle.

If you're sick of being killed, play smarter and get better. Always sniped in Cherno? Figure out where the killzones are and avoid them. Ambushed in the NWA barracks? News flash, soloing is impossible to do safely.

And no, the games not supposed to be fun. SHOCKER, the game won't pander to your desires and provide universal entertainment! Of you don't like learning to take risks, failures, and the tenseness of survival in stride, this isn't your game. Just because you like some aspects doesn't mean the rest of the game and community has to dumb down to accommodate your idea of "fun." I find digging bandits exhilarating - I've played on low pop servers and it's boring because there's no risk.

Suceeding in a survival game with no challenge isn't fun, and zombies will never, by themselves, be enough of a challenge to remove player bandits. Otherwise, no game would have multiplayer - we'd just use bots.

Edited by thorgold
  • Like 1