Ransom (DayZ)

My short list

1. Sound for doors opening and closing.

2. Team or squad markings. In real life you would recognize the people with you it be nice to have it in game some how. BUT - something not obvious so that at a distance players still have to identifiy themselves to their friends (always tense trying to meet with someone).

3. An easier trade system between players.

4. A white flag emote for friendlies, of course you can still kill them but I like the clear communication of the act. Maybe you cant hold a weapon while holding the flag. And it doesnt have to be an item, in real life its a t-shirt, sock, whatever.

5. Melee weapons! I know there is probably another post but melee weapons need their own slot, the intventory gymnastics to pulling out an axe is silly.

6. Some way to punish people disconnecting during pvp. Maybe a "your in combat" set up so players have to finish combat or they can't be bleeding when they log.

7. IED- put random items to use by making improvised explosives. Im not really intrested in vehicles but if I could make some fire bombs with some of the same items it be cool.

8. More skins.

Thanks, Love the Game :)

Edited by Ransom

1) Game engine thing. Could be doable, but the application is so limited it's pretty moot. I mean, listen for footsteps, they're louder than even the worst door you could make.

2) Three steps:

1. Create squad .xml and add your friends to it
  2. Use a server with tags enabled
  3. Profit

I'm serious. There are already squad markings and recognition methods, you just need to use the mechanic put in place for it by the ArmA engine.

3) No. Dropping stuff on the ground is simple and straightforward. You can even put stuff directly in another person's backpack, if you're short on time. Anything like a dedicated trade mechanic would be superfluous and unnecessary.

4) You have a surrender emote, it's just not bound by default. Use it or salute.

5) No. Anything like this would be adding an unnecessary complexity to the inventory system. Putting your primary in your backpack to pull out an ax is perfectly reasonable. At most, you could switch it to sidearm, but there are already topics on that.

6) Already covered to hell and back. See Rocket's interview with Gamebreaker TV - he says that fixing Alt-F4 is technically easy, but the rule making is hard. Implementing a spawn timer or a "You've logged out too much, banned" mechanic could be done in 5 minutes, but he's holding off on a fix because it requires a lot of tweaking. How do we balance it so people who legitimately need to switch servers / DC often don't get banned? How severe to we make punishments? How do we prevent mistakes?

7) Satchel charges. Uber-rare spawn for barracks. Not on the wiki because it's pretty useless.

8) Already suggested. Care to elaborate?

Cool thanks for the response, couple things, I think there is a good case to update the inventory system and trading with players and also using melee (I think) should be apart of it.

For begining players with the default pack theres no room for a primary and I think melee weapons are a staple of the zombie genre and should be more accessable.

Thanks for the info on the surrender emote, I've never seen it in the controls so I look again tonight.

For number 7 I was just thinking about making use of random items by Mcgavering stuff together, nothing silly just making use of what you have during a survival situation.

and thanks for the info on "Rocket" Im just getting into the game and I am not the familar with the developer.

As far as skins I'd love more skins for players and zombies, always want more. Especailly if you have more options to make your self look different then other players.

1. Sound for doors opening and closing.

Would be nice. Probably limited because of ARMA.

2. Team or squad markings. In real life you would recognize the people with you it be nice to have it in game some how. BUT - something not obvious so that at a distance players still have to identifiy themselves to their friends (always tense trying to meet with someone).

In "real life" you have absolutely no idea who is friend or foe without very specific indicators. Real life does not have a "group" function, or a friends list.

3. An easier trade system between players.

I think there are much more important things that need to happen.

4. A white flag emote for friendlies, of course you can still kill them but I like the clear communication of the act. Maybe you cant hold a weapon while holding the flag. And it doesnt have to be an item, in real life its a t-shirt, sock, whatever.

No.

5. Melee weapons! I know there is probably another post but melee weapons need their own slot, the intventory gymnastics to pulling out an axe is silly.

Would be nice. I don't like that my rifle has a sling when I'm carrying a handgun, but is mysteriously absent when I'm carrying a hatchet.

6. Some way to punish people disconnecting during pvp. Maybe a "your in combat" set up so players have to finish combat or they can't be bleeding when they log.

Has been suggested 600 times. Today.

7. IED- put random items to use by making improvised explosives. Im not really intrested in vehicles but if I could make some fire bombs with some of the same items it be cool.

No. A million times no.

8. More skins.

Yes.

Im not sure how much "modding" the arma engine allows, but 3 maybe outside the scope.

I would also like to see more possibilities to be able to make explosives or just more combinable items in general.