Braeburn

Infinite Loading Screen on 1.7.2.3 & 94876

TL;DR - I've been having this problem since I downloaded and installed all the DayZ files after having an unrelated frame rate issue. I cannot get through the loading screen on any server I've tried (and I've tried around 20).

As soon as 1.7.2.3 was released, I downloaded the changed data files and was able to connect to a server fairly quickly. I immediately put on the ghillie suit I had been saving until they were fixed and ran about for a short while, but was having extreme frame rate problems that I assumed was part of the new beta. I never downloaded the latest one because of the "Wait For Host" issues, so I only downloaded and installed 94876. In my attempt to fix the frame rate problems I was having, I downloaded all the DayZ files instead of the ones that were listed as changed (just in case) and also re-downloaded and installed the beta.

When I tried the game again, I was still getting really awful frame rates just at the main menu, and now I couldn't get into any servers past the black loading screen after "Waiting For Character To Create".

Turns out, my computer simply needed a restart since I was having issues with other games and my frame rate being abnormally choppy. After that, other games worked fine, but DayZ still wouldn't let me past the loading screen. I tried re-installing the beta, re-downloading all the DayZ files again, and updating BattleEye manually, but nothing seems to work. I've left my computer "loading" on several servers for 10 minutes or more, and nothing happens. I'm forced to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the game.

• I do NOT use SixLauncher.
  • I NEVER downloaded 1.7.2.2.
  • I NEVER downloaded AO Beta 94945.
  • I HAVE NOT tried a fresh re-install of ARMA2:AO or ARMA2.

I'm okay with waiting for the next DayZ patch if I must, or even the next Beta patch if that'll fix it, but my friends seem to be able to play on 1.7.2.3 just fine, on the same servers I'm trying to connect to. I cannot tell if this is a problem with my files or if my character is somehow screwed in the DayZ database. I would be more than happy to just hit respawn but I can't even get into the game to do it. Frustrating!

I've been stuck at the infinite loading screen before, but it was never on every server I've tried. Not sure what to do at this point but hope for some sort of response from DayZ folk or people who may of had this issue and fixed it themselves.

• Like 3

Use SixLauncher (just once, yeah, I know, you probably will hate me for this) to make sure it updates and installs the files properly. Then, try to connect once through SixLauncher (to a random server). After you successfully connect, go back to launching your original way. This should work, as it did for me.

• Like 1

Downloaded and used SixLauncher/Updater. Didn't work. It did act like it was installing new files however. Just still can't connect to any server with either SixLauncher or the default application.

Now I just feel dirty.

• Like 1

Bumping this for any possible fixes.

Tried a few more servers with SixLauncher and default. No luck.

• Like 1

Also experiencing the same problem......

EDIT:) I have fixed my problem by updating to the latest beta patch (94997).

Edited by SUDOXE
  • Like 1

Try deleting Operation Arrowhead and reinstalling it. It could also be a problem with your steam account, as this seems more connection issue than game issue.

•Go to your arma 2 oa folder, go to expansion and then BattlEye - run the uninstall .exe

•Go into arma 2 folder and do the same.

•Navigate to your app data folder, go into arma 2 oa and uninstall and delete the battlEye folder.

•Run arma 2 pa and join a game and then once in, leave.

•Close the game then diwnload and install beta patch 94700, it will ask you to install BattlEye, do so.

•Once installed, open arma 2 oa and join a NORMAL server (not dayz). Once in,save the game and quit.

•now download and install beta patch 94876.

•once installed, open arma 2 oa and enjoy playing DayZ.

PM for help.

• Like 1

•Go to your arma 2 oa folder, go to expansion and then BattlEye - run the uninstall .exe

•Navigate to your app data folder, go into arma 2 oa and uninstall and delete the battlEye folder.

•Close the game then diwnload and install beta patch 94700, it will ask you to install BattlEye, do so.

•Once installed, open arma 2 oa and join a NORMAL server (not dayz). Once in,save the game and quit.

PM for help.

Didnt work :/

PM for help.

This! This fixed it! At least for me. Not sure what the problem was, but I assume it had something to do with BattleEye borking out from the beta patches in... some... weird way? Not sure.

Mods should sticky this if it's not already common knowledge. You have my thanks and my beans for the help!

EDIT:

I should probably add that I tried multiple servers and each one let me through really quickly and ran smooth as butter. The only issue I encountered was the loss of my ghillie suit which is a small price to pay to actually be able to play again, though I can't help but wonder if that played some small part in the issue. I'd doubt it, but stranger things have happened. For those this doesn't work for, make sure to follow the instructions to the letter. It's a little confusing, but my game is back functioning now, so yours -should- too.

Woot.

Edited by Braeburn

PM for help.

dont work to me.

TL;DR - I've been having this problem since I downloaded and installed all the DayZ files after having an unrelated frame rate issue. I cannot get through the loading screen on any server I've tried (and I've tried around 20).

As soon as 1.7.2.3 was released, I downloaded the changed data files and was able to connect to a server fairly quickly. I immediately put on the ghillie suit I had been saving until they were fixed and ran about for a short while, but was having extreme frame rate problems that I assumed was part of the new beta. I never downloaded the latest one because of the "Wait For Host" issues, so I only downloaded and installed 94876. In my attempt to fix the frame rate problems I was having, I downloaded all the DayZ files instead of the ones that were listed as changed (just in case) and also re-downloaded and installed the beta.

When I tried the game again, I was still getting really awful frame rates just at the main menu, and now I couldn't get into any servers past the black loading screen after "Waiting For Character To Create".

Turns out, my computer simply needed a restart since I was having issues with other games and my frame rate being abnormally choppy. After that, other games worked fine, but DayZ still wouldn't let me past the loading screen. I tried re-installing the beta, re-downloading all the DayZ files again, and updating BattleEye manually, but nothing seems to work. I've left my computer "loading" on several servers for 10 minutes or more, and nothing happens. I'm forced to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the game.

• I do NOT use SixLauncher.
  • I NEVER downloaded 1.7.2.2.
  • I NEVER downloaded AO Beta 94945.
  • I HAVE NOT tried a fresh re-install of ARMA2:AO or ARMA2.

I'm okay with waiting for the next DayZ patch if I must, or even the next Beta patch if that'll fix it, but my friends seem to be able to play on 1.7.2.3 just fine, on the same servers I'm trying to connect to. I cannot tell if this is a problem with my files or if my character is somehow screwed in the DayZ database. I would be more than happy to just hit respawn but I can't even get into the game to do it. Frustrating!

I've been stuck at the infinite loading screen before, but it was never on every server I've tried. Not sure what to do at this point but hope for some sort of response from DayZ folk or people who may of had this issue and fixed it themselves.

I have had the same problem aswell

I just said f it, I uninstalled everything, and trying a fresh reinstall through steam, and NOT using sixlauncher. found a good guide on this forum on install steps, hope that works for me

PM for help.

I did this AFTER I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still does not work. I CAN connect to a couple of servers, but MOST will not work. I noticed this happened either after the 1.7.2.3 hotfix or the 94876 beta patch....

I just solved this problem :) !

Let me show you how it works:

First of all i deleted ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA through steam. Then i deleted manually the two ArmA folders in the steamapps folder.

After that i FIRST downloaded Arma 2, ran it ,joined a (normal) game and so i updatet BattlEye (dont forget to install it through steam before!)

Then i downloaded Arma 2 OA (and did the same things like above, you need also to install BattlEye manually for arma 2 oa just make a folder called "BattlEye" under SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion. You need to extract the newest Battleyepatch in there : http://www.battleye.com/download.html (its in the middle of the screen! )

After that i installed the beta patch, which you can download from the green field form http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

You need to make a folder in steamapps\arma2 and in steamapps\arma2oa named @DayZ and there you need to make another folder called Addons! In there you just extract the following files:

http://www.armafiles.info/dayz/ (you need to choose a mirror first ;) )

Now you go to steamapps/arma2oa where you can find a "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.exe". You need to rightclick it and then insert the follwoing under properties "-mod=@dayz" (without "")

Now it does work for me but i need to run it through the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.exe" (not with steam!)

Hope it helped :) !

PS: Another Tipp: When you have for example beta-patch pack 94997. Just make a filter in the serverbrowser where you add "94997" @ Host ;D ! When you try to join a server with another betapack you will stuck a "Wait for Host" !

Good luck, Have Fun ! ;)