Sign in to follow this  
AllTheWhine

The Amazing Hatchet!!!!

so I'm a newbie.... I've gotten some nice guns so far but I really like using the Hatchet! its quiet and does the job without me missing 4-5 times with a rifle. My question is there anyway to have a rifle on your person and still use the Hatchet??? Switch between them?

you can add the hatchet back to the toolbelt by right clicking it.

Edited by FreeWayy

Drop your rifle in your backpack, and remove Hatchet from the toolbelt, to have it as a weapon.

(though make sure you have enough space in your backpack for your rifle - else it will vanish)

There is no way to have both equipped at the same time.

There is no way to have both equipped at the same time.

thats not what he asked about though

Store rifle in backpack with the sufficient slot space to hold it, and remove the hatchet from your toolbelt to wield the hatchet as a weapon.

Store the hatchet on your toolbelt, and move the rifle back to your primary gear to wield the rifle.

Good luck, have fun, don't die.

BEFORE putting your primary in your bag, make sure you have more than the 10 slots. This is because you'll likely have ammo for it. What the game will do is put the rifle in the bag along with as much ammo as it can, but if you still have ammo on your person and try to push that into the bag as well, you'll likely lose the gun to your bag monster that gobbles it all up. That said, sometimes you can be lucky and a see you stuff on the floor after it's been pushed out by the bag (as this is what is actually happening) but it more likely that it'll fall through the floor into oblivion.