resistence1993

more guns .500 magnum desert eagle fn p90 ar15 m60 glock 18 20 21 etc

Most of these would either have to be ported from the ACE mod, or made.

But anyways, this in a zombie apocolypse. We need more civillian guns, its kind of stupid everyone and their children are running around with a AK or M4. And the Fallout weapons just wouldnt fit IMO

i own a ar-15 and so it's not that impractical buddy

• Like 1

thats a shame its a rearly cool looking gun i lvoed it in stargate sg1

and i will add a couple of the guns you mentioned

and i dont see how those are novelty guns the vector as far as i know seams to be a very acurate gun firing 45acp ammo

and i got the shotgun mixed up i emant to add aa12 not usas 12 the aa12 has a higher fire rate and bigger ammo capcility

Both the Kriss Vector and the AA12 are not being used by any country or agency. Both are extremely expensive, and difficult to find. They are both more proof of concept guns than anything. Thus they are bought primarily for novelty.

The use of a fully automatic shotgun is severly limited, and the Kriss tends to have reliability problems. Mostly fail to ejects due to the recoil system dampening the return velocity. Many agencies have canceled their orders because of this.

Well maybe not an m4, but there are a lot of deadly guns out there, at least in the US.

There are deadly guns, but you won't find many "military" ones. The ones you'll find will mostly be "sporterized" semi automatic since the machinegun registry closed in '86, and the increasingly dwinding number of fully automatic weapons accessible to civilians has driven those weapons to be as expensive as luxury cars.

Owning two firearms myself that are classified as "assault weapons", I know the variance of firearms accessible to civilians is low, as they all pretty much function the same. Rifles that are stuck on semi auto, fire as quick as you can pull the trigger, and fires one of 4 likely calibers.

Now I don't know about the gun laws in the Czech Republic, but I find it doubtful that there will be much more than typical shotguns and rifles due to their economic state, culture, and enviroment. If military grade hardware can be found in the hands of civilians, it's almost guaranteed to be AK pattern rifles.

Edited by StickyNote

DayZ really doesn't need 40 different types of guns, since most of them will pretty much end up being identical. For example, the m4,m16,and ak-74 in the current game-All kill in two shots, all fire 30 round clips. What is the effective difference between them? The sights. That's it.

Those "military weapons" are not as common as you think. Not here, nor over there in rural Czech Republic.

In fact I doubt that you will ever see a legitimate M4 in civilian hands outside of a military exhibition, or gun show.

Ever been to eastern kentucky? ;) Zombie apocalypse=never happens in america. Everyone has five assault rifles ;)

Ever been to eastern kentucky? ;) Zombie apocalypse=never happens in america. Everyone has five assault rifles ;)

If I had an assault rifle, I'd sell it on the spot, and buy myself a nice car with the money. Assuming you're talking the legal definition of assault rifle. A preban ak clone will go upwards of $20,000 now, and finding yourself a Thompson? That's $100,000 you're talking about.

"Assault weapons" though are a dime a dozen here. I own two of them myself, and should probably have a larger part in DayZ, instead of actual assault rifles and military weapons.

I think less guns and ammo would be better.

...and food

...and clean water

...and first aid

If i wanted a variety of weapons i'd play Counterstrike.

i want to see half used or empty mags and you'd have to find boxes of bullets to use them

I want to see mix matched ammo and weapons, and misfiring, and weapon's breaking down or exploding/jamming.

Oh god, why does everyone want a deagle? They're retarded and impractical in RL.

What we need is a baseball bat (though, it is Russia...), compound bow, Mosin Nagant, Mossberg 500, .22 rifles, and hunting rifles. These are very common weapons for civilians, so it would make sense to have in the game.

DayZ really doesn't need 40 different types of guns, since most of them will pretty much end up being identical. For example, the m4,m16,and ak-74 in the current game-All kill in two shots, all fire 30 round clips. What is the effective difference between them? The sights. That's it.

yeah but its that kind of mentality the spawns awfull games where there is only one of each weapon type a pistol a shotgun a rocket launcher a ssault rifle and thats it i shudder at the thought

Oh god, why does everyone want a deagle? They're retarded and impractical in RL.

What we need is a baseball bat (though, it is Russia...), compound bow, Mosin Nagant, Mossberg 500, .22 rifles, and hunting rifles. These are very common weapons for civilians, so it would make sense to have in the game.

it may be impractical but you have to admit it looks pritty cool

Make hunting shotguns (Civilian, American police pump action shotgun) Winchester 22. (small but civilian) Small rifles without scopes. Blah blah other shit,,, not fucking javelins.. jessus.

Make hunting shotguns (Civilian, American police pump action shotgun) Winchester 22. (small but civilian) Small rifles without scopes. Blah blah other shit,,, not fucking javelins.. jessus.

lol

SA58 is not a FN FAL clone. It is a Czech republic assault rifle. It looks similar to an AK series rifle but it is different internally. The main similarity is the ammo. After that the similarities end.

Link to thread. Wikipedia link is in the thread. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34182-vz58-sa58pv-rifles-should-be-added/

Google "SA 58". That is a FAL clone.

If you wanted the SA Vz.58, you should've said so - those are two very different firearms. That being said, why does that need to be added when the AKM and the AK74 already exist in game?

The desert eagle comes in more than just .50 btw

Also has .357 Magnum (9mm), .41 Magnum and .44 Magnum (smaller than both the 1911 and the revolver in this game) equivalents which aren't as retarded/impractical as one might suggest.

So i see a lot of people requesting 'civilian guns' well in my country the only gun i am allowed to shoot without rigorous permits:

- bibi gun, not even sure if i'm allowed to have the pointy ammo with the hairs at the back...

But, what do people mean when they say civilian guns? A friend of mine oversea's has an M16 semi, and i think in my country a semi is the highest permit weapon you can have. Not sure about calibers though... but then i don't live in the USA, So what IS civilian?

Also has .357 Magnum (9mm), .41 Magnum and .44 Magnum (smaller than both the 1911 and the revolver in this game) equivalents which aren't as retarded/impractical as one might suggest.

So incorrect that I don't even know where to begin. The .357 Magnum is a .357 Magnum which is a considerably longer shell with a larger bullet than the 9x19mm. What you're describing is the more recent .357 Sig, which is basically a 10mm shell squeezed down to hold a 9mm slug. The two are not the same. Also, the .44 magnum may have a slightly smaller slug than a .45 ACP, but the .44 Magnum fires at a considerably higher velocity.

Please don't talk firearms unless you actually know what you're talking about.

The .50 AE Desert Eagle is an incredibly impractical weapon, and almost exclusively owned by chumps wanting a big trophy gun. There's a reason you don't see very many larger caliber auto-loaders.

Edited by aversionfx

But, what do people mean when they say civilian guns? A friend of mine oversea's has an M16 semi, and i think in my country a semi is the highest permit weapon you can have. Not sure about calibers though... but then i don't live in the USA, So what IS civilian?

When people say "civilian guns" they're referring to weapons that are legal for civilians to own in a pretty broad term. For example, in many states in America, civilians are not allowed to own a wide variety of firearms. The most common type of firearm that civilians are not allowed to own are fully automatic weapons (fully automatic assault rifles, light machine guns, etc). Civilians are also not allowed to own military explosives (rocket/grenade launchers, etc). At one point, civilians were not allowed to purchase specific ammunition for the FN Five-SeveN handgun or the FN P90, because the weapons were designed to very armor-piercing rounds.

Civilian weapons most typically refer to semi-automatic or bolt-action rifles, which may also include smaller magazines. As well as semi-automatic pistols of all types, typically with "standard" magazine sizes, which means no (fully automatic) machine pistols with large magazines.

Edited by aversionfx

The point was that the desert eagle comes in more than just .50 Cal ;)

My conversion for .357 inches to into a rough mm size was .0678mm off being 100% correct, not suggesting that you could fit ammo designed for a 9x19 into it. Just saying that it's not THAT impractical to have the smaller variations of the weapon when we have larger calibre pistols already (ie 1911 and the revolver)

The point was that the desert eagle comes in more than just .50 Cal ;)

My conversion for .357 inches to into a rough mm size was .0678mm off being 100% correct, not suggesting that you could fit ammo designed for a 9x19 into it. Just saying that it's not THAT impractical to have the smaller variations of the weapon when we have larger calibre pistols already (ie 1911 and the revolver)

You said that 9x19mm and .357 Magnum are "the same thing." They are not. They are not even close.

Was not talking about the practicality of Desert Eagle in a caliber other than .50 AE.

and

It also comes in .357 Magnum (9mm), .41 Magnum and .44 Magnum (smaller than both the 1911 and the revolver in this game) equivalents which aren't as retarded/impractical as one might suggest.

Uhhhhh no I didn't, I said that .357 was 9mm which it pretty much is (.357"=9.0678mm). There was no mention of 9x19 ammo until you came along.

I also was talking about the other calibre's, note the top line in my post?

Please l2read

Anyway, I like the option of having many weapons to choose from, even if they fulfil the same purpose

Edited by KnT47r

Uhhhhh no I didn't, I said that .357 was 9mm which it pretty much is (.357"=9.0678mm). There was no mention of 9x19 ammo until you came along.

Oh boy. 9x19 is ... Wow. Like. I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

If you don't know that 9x19 is 9mm then you need to not ever get into a firearms discussion.

You are the one that said ".357 Magnum (9mm)". YOU said that. Are you an idiot, or are you trolling me?

Edited by aversionfx

how about a good old .22 rifle. not too loud and doesn't have great aim or accuracy, but a headshot is a kill. .22 is only strong enough to go through the scull once so it just bounces around inside

As a measurement of distance, 0.357 inches is 9.0678 millimetres

I am not talking about projectile/casing diametre, just pure conversion from inches to millimetres.