Sign in to follow this  
-Ace-

Quiver for Crossbow Bolts

Considering the crossbow has become more effective in DayZ, and is a great weapon to start with, a quiver should be added to hold a good amount of crossbow bolts without taking up so much space. This wouldn't be in place of the individual crossbow bolts, but instead it would be a separate item on it's own. You would find a quiver, and bolts that you find after that would be added into the quiver, with a maximum of say, 15 bolts. Yes, I understand that you can pick up crossbow bolts after firing them, but sometimes you are in a situation where that isn't exactly possible, running away from zombies for instance.

Finally, this would add even more use to the unpopular and quite underrated crossbow, especially since the zombies get more aggressive more easily and sounds on most guns are louder. The crossbow could be a good starter weapon for beginners, using the crossbow to make their way through a zombie infested town and search it for items to get them on their way. And then get mugged for beans.

Thanks.

• Like 2

What an original and well thought out thread, thanks for taking the time to write this post that I have never read before in my life.

I have heard many people mention that quivers should be implemented weather in a thread for quivers or not idk but I agree 100%, wouldn't you be able to put more then 15 in a quiver? I'd say maybe 20 :/ unless it's a small quiver, for realistic aspects. But 15 is good to :D Beats the 1 per slot -..- lol, how many slots would the quiver take up? Would it replace the pack?

I have heard many people mention that quivers should be implemented weather in a thread for quivers or not idk but I agree 100%, wouldn't you be able to put more then 15 in a quiver? I'd say maybe 20 :/ unless it's a small quiver, for realistic aspects. But 15 is good to :D Beats the 1 per slot -..- lol, how many slots would the quiver take up? Would it replace the pack?

It depends how you think about it. It wouldn't make much sense as a pack, because then the arrows would be just taking up space in your backpack, and you'd have to go into your backpack whenever you want to take out more. Perhaps it takes up 3 spaces in the inventory, this being the disadvantage, the advantage being that it holds a lot more bolts, however, it wouldn't make much sense to have the quiver if you didn't have a crossbow unless you search for one to use later.

I love this idea, I hope they add this or something similar.

How about having the quiver take up the slot of your sidearm. I feel this would both give you the advantage of holding more ammo for your crossbow, while still giving you the disadvantage of not being able to pull out your pistol.