Green Duck

How to make a camp?

Hello, i've recently started playing DayZ and I'm really into it, I got a bunch of good gear and i was wondering how to succesfully make a camp, i know how to pitch tents and all that stuff but the main thing i want to get answered is will the tent always stay there on that specific server i put it on (with all my loot inside) after server restarts/patches? and what about vehicles? any answers greatly appreciated :D

Tents will save, but bugs happen so the golden rule is "DON'T GET ATTACHED TO YOUR LOOT!"

The one thing that is SEMI-permanent in this game, is a good troupe of friends. Those are the only form of "loot" you should feel comfortable getting used to.

Everything else is at risk ALWAYS.

Vehicles and tents will remain server-side, so long as you save it, and so long as they don't fall victim to a bug.

***Tents can also be run over and destroyed.

Edited by Caviano
  • Like 1

If you save your tents after you put your loot inside, it will stay.

If you die, I think you have like 2 days to get back to it and re-save it.

It will survive through server restarts and updates.

Cars, are technically the same, but they are glitchy with saving.

You are able to save your tents position on the server, or any server you put one in. When you log back on, it will be in the same spot, unless ofcourse if you pick it up and move it. Tents can only hold a fixed amount of gear, so be careful if you see something pop out on the ground. Usually a notification is put up if tents are going to be wiped; I believe there was one previously. If you die however, you can no longer move your tent, as it is no longer yours. The equipment will still be in it, but only for a certain amount of time, and the tent will dissappear.

As for vehicles, same thing. Just hide them well ;)

If you die, I think you have like 2 days to get back to it and re-save it.

You sure about this? I don't think this is true.