Sign in to follow this  
Noise (DayZ)

Day 2 of my Dayz experience.

I successfully convinced my friend into buying Arma 2: CO on steam and joining me on Dayz. Seems cool.

After he relocated a few times, he started on the opposite side of Elektro (the far right) and I was on the far left. And so it began our quest to meet up and conquer the world of Dayz. It turns out on my initial second life, I went all the way around Elektro from where he was and went in the complete opposite direction of it. At this point I was in Komarovo and he was in Kamyshovo. We were speaking over skype the entire time, and I trekked my way into Cherno, dodging zombies left and right until I scored with loot. I found an alice pack, I was happier then ever. I had more room at this point and I could carry my m1911 handgun with ease, having little worry for other necessities at the moment besides something to drink (as it was getting quite red). While I was rolling in joy, he was finding some decent loot as well, but not before running away from quite a few zombies. Did I mention it was daytime when we started this? It transitioned to night, which was a great help, though as I was walking along the coastline after leaving Cherno towards Elektro I was promptly attacked by a walker (zombie). I took him down with a single shot from my handgun, bandaging myself up after and continuing my quest to Elektro to meet up with my friend.

It was quite the journey. Once I got closer I found a home upon a hill, only to be attacked by two zombies (I killed one, dodged the other and lost him) and I healed myself again after I was in the arms of safety. He was already in town at this point as the moon was rising. My friend soon took shelter near a church, waiting for me to come across town in order to join him. I did this with great caution seeing as the place was littered with zombies and dead players which I took the time to loot. At this point, the loot gathered for the day included many rounds of ammunition for my handgun, a hunting knife, a watch, an alice back pack and other minor things. There was even a player body filled with so much good loot I couldn't carry it all, so I was going to lead my friend back to him in order to have him loot his belongings instead. After I went prone and crawled across a courtyard(?) I made my way to the entrance of the church. The bell ringing overhead scared the hell out of me, I even thought it would attract zombies but surprisingly not. We looted what we could and heard gunshots nearby (there weren't many other players on the server, just one other person).

With precision and caution, we left the church and rounded the left side, I took watch while he axed a zombie from behind. It wasn't over though. He was checking something on the street and I went into a building and I heard a series of gunshots, a player had killed my friend in coldblood without any warning. Coming out of the house was pointless since I knew I would have been seen immediately. I went out the back and rounded around the side, to a broken concrete wall. I had a perfect view of the assailant looting my dead friend. I had him. I drew up my handgun and let loose, dropping him within a mere two seconds, though his body vanished strangely enough (I didn't click 'hide body' either). My friend's body vanished soon too, and I tried fending off a zombie that I attracted with a crowbar. It didn't seem to do ANY damage to him even though I was hitting him constantly. My character soon collapsed and I died shortly after. When my friend returned, my body was gone as well, so all of our loot was lost.

Ive had instances myself where I kill a guy and his body disapears before I can loot and still hear the flies. I think its a case of logging out superfast during the death maybe. It has happened a few times I have seen though. Bodies usually persists for a while normally not a matter of minutes.

Ive had instances myself where I kill a guy and his body disapears before I can loot and still hear the flies. I think its a case of logging out superfast during the death maybe. It has happened a few times I have seen though. Bodies usually persists for a while normally not a matter of minutes.

I know the problem, he DC's, but fails and dies, therefore the loot and body dissipear.

yeh happened to me, first proper kill for me! His body seemed to suck into the floor on the first floor of the building, i looked on the ground floor but saw no body.