Sign in to follow this  
concerned mom

Lost several hours of gameplay?

Hi guys, I was playing last night on a character I've put 10+ hours in to. It kept regularly saving and before I logged off I made sure I switched items around in my bag so the save counter reset to 0.

I logged in today and I'm about 3 hours behind where I was! I have my old gun, half the items in my pack and right in the middle of a town where it must have autosaved. Upon logging in a friendly bandit shot me in the head and I lost everything.

I always log out in careful and hidden places like woods, as I did last night!

I'm not moaning that I got killed, but I seem to have lost all of last night's work. I logged in today with my old shotgun and only about 100 zombie kills when I was up to near 200 last night on the same character. Here is a screen shot I took last night to prove it:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/talisman/screenshot/577830733191380978

Is there any way to restore items and my position back to where I logged out last night? It seems a bit unfair to lose everything to a rollback / bad save :(

It's good that you mentioned it, in case it matches up with the experiences of others and might point to something that can be fixed...

But most likely you were just the victim of the alpha nature of the game... Work in progress, databases reset without warning and all that...

I don't think an individual appeal will get any traction based on those things.

As stated in the FAQ, you can appeal for it, but the makers are trying to do this less and less often, which is understandable, giving the explosive growth of the mod plus the fact that it is still Alpha, so people should just "deal with it" (how harsh that may seem). You can always appeal tho', check the FAQ. And please keep reporting these bugs, because they can be fixed if there is enough data about it!

I've lost hours of gameplay as well. I logged off with an Alice/Alis (however its spelt) pack a Hunting knife some food and glow sticks, and now i'm back to hours before i went out to get that gear. In fact last night every time i got killed by a bandit...i re-spawned at my last saved location instead of starting out fresh.

the only thing im majorly upset about losing is the Hunting knife... i risked my life in Electro to find it and the new back pack.

It is still in Alpha stages so you will probably get this X amount of times. I have lost tents full with gear and weapons like M16, Ak74, M4 and so on. You just have to remind yourself that it is still in Alpha stages and do it all over again. Alpha is not a finished product but in it's early testing stage.

I understand its in alpha, which is why i'm not overly pissed about losing my items nor am i asking for them to give me a roll back. I think there is currently a database issue as it seems things just aren't saving.

Thanks for being understanding and awesome guys. I know it's only alpha so I'll start again. This is a good community.

Ok I just lost everything I have, the server never saved me. It was a US server with the name roleplay in the title. I spawned in kamenka, and went up the coast collecting survival supplies. Once I had what I needed I headed inland and eventually made it all the way to the nw airfield. Once there I decided I needed to be on a lower ping server (I live in europe) so I quit and joined one. The whole process took me several hours. When I logged in to the european server I was at kamenka again with a makarov in my hand.

My guess is that the server I was on was not an official one and was not connected to the database. This really pisses me off, they should at least mark it as such or write something in the motd.

Edit: Actually I think it rolled me back even further than I first thought. I was in kamenka, then got killed in balota, then respawned somewhere on the east coast, then went on my huge mission. After balota I changed servers so my theory about the server being bad is probably wrong.