Sign in to follow this  
Worrun (DayZ)

Can I run Day Z?

I ordered parts today, as of today the price of the 7950 dropped 50$, also 750W on that is overkill as it won't pull over 500 W even under a severe overclock and with a second card in crossfire.

With 2 cards 5ooW would be inadiquate. In ay case power=stabulity and will guard against drops

Everything under 28 fps will you notice minimum of lag, but if you are used to it and don't mind. Then why buy a new computer?

I'm used to over 50 fps or more (idk yet, haven't checked it) all the time, so I would notice lag when it goes down to 28fps.

But i'm glad you found it out. You should allways check it before you listen to others, because everyone is different and someone care about high fps and someone not.

Thank you, that's the sort of reply I like to see :)

well my PC is not anywhere near amazing, but it seems to play this game 'ok'. By ok, i mean with the minimum settings.

GPU-Geforce GT340

CPU- i5 650 @3.2ghz

Ram -4GB DDR3

Windows 7 64bit

Thats my specs (as of current) and it plays the game just fine on low settings.

I think the one I'm getting has more RAM, better Graphics but an i3 3.1GHz as opposed to your i5 3.2GHz. Will that make a difference and what is the actual recommended CPU for Day Z? :)

18-28 FPS? Are you playing it on a potato or don't have some crippling eyesight problem? If you answered yes to either, I recommend a brand new GFX Card. FPS in any game needs to be at least 50. once FPS is above 50, the human eye cannot distinguish when an image changes. Myself, since I am a gamer and play ALOT, this is actually about 70-75.

Really good PCs are custom built. They are cheap, reliable and you get to pick it to your exacting specifications. But seriously, if your playing on low and only getting 18-28 FPS, just buy a new card. I highly reccoment a GTX 680 or Raedon 7970.

Ram is not that important, and is relatively cheap. You can get an 8GB stick for about $100 depending on the manufacturer and dealer.

If you need any help, I'd be more than happy to easily assemble a list of parts for you.

Edited by PlatinumX

Just wanted to let you know (mostly) everyone in this thread looks like a complete dumb ass... Either believe Arma 2 is some amazing graphical undertaking or is completely ignorant of the needed specifications or what makes sense and what doesn't.

BUY TEH 680 IT OVERPRICED BUT WORKZ REEL GOOD. I RUN ARMA HIGH!

Not a single one of these people have asked you, what settings you are wanting to run, future lifespan, resolution or anything. Let alone the fact you have barely mentioned any of the above or a price tag. Blind leading the blind.

Edited by Iceman28001

18-28 FPS? Are you playing it on a potato or don't have some crippling eyesight problem? If you answered yes to either, I recommend a brand new GFX Card. FPS in any game needs to be at least 50. once FPS is above 50, the human eye cannot distinguish when an image changes. Myself, since I am a gamer and play ALOT, this is actually about 70-75.

Really good PCs are custom built. They are cheap, reliable and you get to pick it to your exacting specifications. But seriously, if your playing on low and only getting 18-28 FPS, just buy a new card. I highly reccoment a GTX 680 or Raedon 7970.

Ram is not that important, and is relatively cheap. You can get an 8GB stick for about $100 depending on the manufacturer and dealer.

If you need any help, I'd be more than happy to easily assemble a list of parts for you.

He cant just get a new card, he would bottleneck the card so badly...

He cant just get a new card, he would bottleneck the card so badly...

You have a point. Especially if he gets a 680, that and the Mobo is possible AGP.

Ok I want to put it out there I am only going to buy a prebuilt PC, not build one myself. Don't ask why, or tell me why it's more expensive because I'm not asking and I'm not interested.

If anyone knows much about PCs can you please link some prebuilt from overclockers.co.uk or other similar websites? Tyvm

Ok guys I got another, how about this beauty? All the reviews are practically flawless, everything seems pretty epic? Price isn't too bad either. What do you think?

http://img98.imagesh...9/ae5uisr6i.png

With this fucking case!

http://www.technic3d.com/news/images/News_Bilder_Caseking/bitfenix/Colossus/BitFenix_Colossus_Big-Tower_BLUE_LED_WINDOW_-_white.jpg

Edited by Worrun

I recomend buying AMD procesor if you want to keep it cheap.

Also, if I were you I would look for a PC with 550 TI, good card if you don't want to spend to much :)

Edit: You posted a pc with the card I recomended :)

I think you will be happy with it ^^ But you should really put some money into buying a SSD and a new case

Edited by Hood

I recomend buying AMD procesor if you want to keep it cheap.

Also, if I were you I would look for a PC with 550 TI, good card if you don't want to spend to much :)

The one above has a 560ti and I'm happy with the price :D

I know, I edited the post :P

Can you explain exactly what an SSD is please? Also, I have a GREAT case so instead of spending an extra £80 I think if I felt the need to I'd just put my new PC into this one. After all, it's only eyecandy and only for me so not such a big deal.

Okay, I saw now that you changed the case.

Just a few tips from me.

Since you don't want to buy a new case.

I got NZXT phantom case and it works super. The cooling is really god and you can change the fan speed on the case.

Remove the sound card and use the moeny you save on a SSD.

No need for sound card

A ssd is a hard disc some is much faster. You can exept a start up off windows in 20 seconds -/+ and add you favorite programs on.

Everything elese you keep the rest of your program on.

Sorry about bad english but i hope you understand it xD

edit:

Edited by Hood

Can you explain exactly what an SSD is please? Also, I have a GREAT case so instead of spending an extra £80 I think if I felt the need to I'd just put my new PC into this one. After all, it's only eyecandy and only for me so not such a big deal.

It's just like a HDD but much faster...

So did you figure out something? :)

Just changed a few thing on the pc.

I did not change grapich card or case since you don't want a new case and the card is good enough to play on high/normal with stable fps.

msifk.png

Removed anti virus, sound card and added SSD

Panda anti virus is shit.. I don't like it.

If you want a anti virus download avast free or just keep the standar on (Windows anti virus)

No need for sound card since it is a integrated sound card in the motherboard and the money you saved can you use on SSD. You will not regret doing it. Trust me

• Like 1

I think I'll just go with this, I missed out the SSD because I currently have a 120GB HDD and I'm happy with the speed and I don't ever need a 2nd or slave HDD 'cus I keep my PC clean and hardly ever take my memory above 100GB.

Thanks so much for the help guys, especially you Hood :P

I'll wait for a few more opinions on this PC below.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4466/firefox2012071614151648.jpg

I would highly advise against a Bulldozer CPU, it has terrible compatability issues.

You should also buy components seperately, it will work out a lot cheaper, but if you HAVE to purchase a pre built machine, then I'd reccomend DinoPC, they are the cheapest pre-builts I've seen, but as I've already said, you could get it cheaper buying components individually.

"I would highly advise against a Bulldozer CPU, it has terrible compatability issues."

Issues with Day Z or just in general? I'm kinda' sick of looking now and every single person says a different thing so I'm just gunna' gtfo ahead and but the Titan.

I also had alot of issues with my grapich card in the start (Gigabyte 580), but I just had to wait a few week for a driver update. Now it works perfect.