Sign in to follow this  
Worrun (DayZ)

Can I run Day Z?

Your card is old and fairly lackluster. Your RAM is passable, but just barely. Your CPU is ancient and, though you don't display the speed, unlikely to be a showstopper. You're running Windows XP, which was a great operating system for its time, but that time has passed.

Your rig looks, on the whole, like something dragged up from the turn of the millennium. My box occasionally has issues with maintain stable FPS, and it's custom built from state of the art parts. If you had the kind of technical proficiency it would take to kick something that old into a condition that matched what this game required, you wouldn't be posting on the forums asking if you could run it.

Edited by Techercizer

I would never recommend any pre-built. They're overpriced, of questionable quality, and worst of all by far: you won't learn the skills you'll need to take care of your own machine if you have someone else make it for you.

Plus both of those systems are cripplingly underpowered, anyway.

Edited by Techercizer

I'm not really bothered about the price, and I know the basics I think I need to know to get by, I've been doing fine for the last 10 years without ruining or running into any major problems with my PCs.

And these are both 'cripplingly underpowered'? 8GB RAM and 1GIG GFX Card for £350? I think you're being a little too elitist/modest here. I guess you're expecting me to get 16GB Ram quad-core 620 GTX bullcrap for £2,000.

Sorry but I'm talking casual gaming here, nothing too hardcore; but thanks.

for the billionth time people. video ram means NOTHING. nothing at all. that gpu is a piece of crap. get yourself a gtx 650 or 560 if you want halfway decent performance.

• Like 1

I'm not really bothered about the price, and I know the basics I think I need to know to get by, I've been doing fine for the last 10 years without ruining or running into any major problems with my PCs.

And these are both 'cripplingly underpowered'? 8GB RAM and 1GIG GFX Card for £350? I think you're being a little too elitist/modest here. I guess you're expecting me to get 16GB Ram quad-core 620 GTX bullcrap for £2,000.

Sorry but I'm talking casual gaming here, nothing too hardcore; but thanks.

Hah, a 620 as "elitist". That thing couldn't render its way around anything without a flip-screen.

Those PCs you mentioned are cripplingly underpowered. Either continue to take feedback and develop your view, or go out and educate yourself on your own terms, but don't try to act like you already know everything you need to and then go throwing out statements like that.

Edited by Techercizer

haha this guy asks for opinions then shoots you down when your honest.

okay bro those Computers are awesome go for it

• Like 1

I'm not even bothered about 120 FPS in games and running them on highest settings and all that. I'm just happy with a 20 FPS and on low or average settings.

What would this manage? If nothing, how about some of you experts actually link a PC worth buying if I'm so dumb, clueless and my shit is "ancient".

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6606/4r6ior57ir5i.png

Since you don't strike me as the overclocking kind.

Vid card: Radeon 7950HD

Cpu: Core I5 3570K

Ram: any cas 9, 8gb kit DDR3 1600mhz and upwards will do it (2x4gb)

mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

600W and upwards power supply.

you can pick the other components yourself.

maybe an entry level coolermaster HAF case, nice and easy to build in

Transfer your HD if you want to save money or get a 512 mb or 1TB one

Transfer your dvd / cd / bluray whatever you are using

Done. Should last you a year or 5 if you upgrade the video card in a year or 2

Quick question though, I'm looking at the requirements for Arma II: Operation Arrowhead and here's the CPU minimum: CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2.4 GHz

2.4 GHz. The computer I want to buy had 3.1 GHz. According to FreeWay that is "a piece of crap" I'm just wondering why? It's loads more than the minimum.

You could run it on that.(Your original Post, i mean)

Im currently running it on a HP Pavilion DV5

AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Mobile RM 70 (2.0Ghz x2)

3072MB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (256MB)

All you really need is vista or 7

I RECOMMEND 7

Edited by F4LK5

I'm not even bothered about 120 FPS in games and running them on highest settings and all that. I'm just happy with a 20 FPS and on low or average settings.

What would this manage? If nothing, how about some of you experts actually link a PC worth buying if I'm so dumb, clueless and my shit is "ancient".

http://img821.images...r6ior57ir5i.png

You sir. Are an idiot. It's IMPOSSIBLE to play games with 20 FPS, these people aren't beling elitist. They're HELPING you, so stop inventing bullshit from your brain and listen to these people's advice. Quite frankly, you know nothing about computers and yet you still scream "20 FPS A OKAY BRO!!!111"

Hey, BTW. Don't insult people HELPING you.

Edited by Nirvana620

You sir. Are an idiot. It's IMPOSSIBLE to play games with 20 FPS, these people aren't beling elitist. They're HELPING you, so stop inventing bullshit from your brain and listen to these people's advice. Quite frankly, you know nothing about computers and yet you still scream "20 FPS A OKAY BRO!!!111"

Hey, BTW. Don't insult people HELPING you.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I've always had no problem playing games with low FPS, hell I can even play Black Ops Multiplayer and Battlefield 3 on this PC and I'm real happy with it.

I am very grateful that people are helping me I just don't want people to tell me my preferences that's all.

Also:

Your RAM is passable, but just barely.

Here are the recommended stats for RAM for Arma 2: OA: RAM Recommended: 2 GB

You Have: 3.1 GB

So it's 'barely passable' and it's triple the minimum and even 1gb higher than the recommended. This is the sort of thing leading me to false beliefs in yo guys being over the top about specs. I just want simple gameplay on low or average settings. And once again; no 100+ FPS on Ultra settings.

Ok mate. I have recently put this together and it works fine, so if u buy the components you can put it together ur self and save over £500 when compared to sites that assemble pc's.

Corsair 400r case, I5 3750k, Saphire hd 7850 2gig, 16gig balistix 1600 ram, SS 120gig HDD, 1TB HDD, Gigabite Z77-d3h which sometimes comes with an arctic cooler fan, 750W psu. You can assemble this in no time and it runs dayz on very high at around 40-60 fps.

Quick question though, I'm looking at the requirements for Arma II: Operation Arrowhead and here's the CPU minimum: CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2.4 GHz

2.4 GHz. The computer I want to buy had 3.1 GHz. According to FreeWay that is "a piece of crap" I'm just wondering why? It's loads more than the minimum.

Dude the "requirments" don't mean a fucking thing.

If you have the basic requirements on most games, you'll run at unplayable FPS. You want at least optimal requirements, or MUCH MUCH higher then required at least.

Basic requirements are a fucking joke.

I just finished downloading and installing the game, currently playing it on my 4 year old computer (http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3979/weher5yy.jpg) and playing with a comfortable 18 - 28 FPS. I found an AK and I've killed 18 zombies.

Can you guys see why I'm getting to confused when you're telling me even the PC that is 2347x better than this one is practically a piece of shit?

Everything under 28 fps will you notice minimum of lag, but if you are used to it and don't mind. Then why buy a new computer?

I'm used to over 50 fps or more (idk yet, haven't checked it) all the time, so I would notice lag when it goes down to 28fps.

But i'm glad you found it out. You should allways check it before you listen to others, because everyone is different and someone care about high fps and someone not.

well my PC is not anywhere near amazing, but it seems to play this game 'ok'. By ok, i mean with the minimum settings.

GPU-Geforce GT340

CPU- i5 650 @3.2ghz

Ram -4GB DDR3

Windows 7 64bit

Thats my specs (as of current) and it plays the game just fine on low settings.

(off-topic)

My PC is an acer predator G5900 and im getting myself an Asus GTX550TI and im also wanting to upgrade the ram. Anyone know what my maximum ram amount is as ive been told 8gb, but seem some sites saying 16gb.

Ok mate. I have recently put this together and it works fine, so if u buy the components you can put it together ur self and save over £500 when compared to sites that assemble pc's.

Corsair 400r case, I5 3750k, Saphire hd 7850 2gig, 16gig balistix 1600 ram, SS 120gig HDD, 1TB HDD, Gigabite Z77-d3h which sometimes comes with an arctic cooler fan, 750W psu. You can assemble this in no time and it runs dayz on very high at around 40-60 fps.

I ordered parts today, as of today the price of the 7950 dropped 50$, also 750W on that is overkill as it won't pull over 500 W even under a severe overclock and with a second card in crossfire.

well my PC is not anywhere near amazing, but it seems to play this game 'ok'. By ok, i mean with the minimum settings.

GPU-Geforce GT340

CPU- i5 650 @3.2ghz

Ram -4GB DDR3

Windows 7 64bit

Thats my specs (as of current) and it plays the game just fine on low settings.

(off-topic)

My PC is an acer predator G5900 and im getting myself an Asus GTX550TI and im also wanting to upgrade the ram. Anyone know what my maximum ram amount is as ive been told 8gb, but seem some sites saying 16gb.

Ram depends on your mobo and mobo only. Assuming you are running a 64 bit OS if not you'd have to do some registry tweaking.

• Like 1

Ram depends on your mobo and mobo only. Assuming you are running a 64 bit OS if not you'd have to do some registry tweaking.

Cheers. I just checked the acer site and 8gb is the max my mobo wil take sadly :(