Sign in to follow this  
Delfer (DayZ)

Choosing spawn points

I think players should have the option to choose which coastal location they spawn on. This way you could meet up with friends easier, and new players wouldn't be so lost on spawn.

I think domi has an option like this and I know PR:Arma does, but it should be self explanatory I hope.

Perhaps it isn't possible yet as we can't make the respawn system work either, but I hope something like this is down the road.

The only problem I think I see with it is that most would likely want to spawn next to Cherno or maybe Elektro, just to go shopping. You'd probably have the majority of players spawning on a relatively small section of beach which would potentially heighten the "bean can wars" as well as drawn in the more heavily armed hyenas that already linger there.

A possible solution would be simply offering one of a handful of random choices, like "select A through F"... kind of like "pick a card, any card". You don't know what the card is but if you plan with your group beforehand so everyone picks the same card at least you spawn on the same section of beach, even though it's random.

A possible solution would be simply offering one of a handful of random choices' date=' like "select A through F"... kind of like "pick a card, any card". You don't know what the card is but if you plan with your group beforehand so everyone picks the same card at least you spawn on the same section of beach, even though it's random.

[/quote']

I actually really like this idea. Just rotate the "cards" every 15-30 minutes.

Why should it be easy its survival...

My self i like this system, you get killed you pay fore it.

You lose your gear and you get spawned some were on the coast.

And if you want to team up wite your friends its not that hard to move to them againe.

2 options;

a) south coast

b) east coast

Makes it a tiny bit easier to get back to your group or what not.

Or maybe just SE coast or SW coast? Spawning on the NE coast would get you too close to all the goodies that can be found up north, and taking away all the awesomeness with venturing there.

Pick a card, any card. There is approximately 40km of coast line. Have cards 0-9 (ten cards). Tell all your buddies you should all pick #3 for example. Each "card" represents about 4km of coastline so if you all pick the same one you are reasonably sure to be starting approximately in at least the same general area. Cards are shuffled randomly every 15 minutes or so.

Wanting to spawn together, yes. Wanting to spawn in a certain area, I don't think so.

I would vote to make spawning even worse. Now you have the coast to navigate along. Easy to figure out where you are and where you want to go. Id rather be thrown into the woods somewhere without a single clue as to where I am or wich way is north.

My "card" idea doesn't have to be limited to the coast. I just figured the devs had their reasons for wanting new players spawning there rather than inland.

My "card" idea doesn't have to be limited to the coast. I just figured the devs had their reasons for wanting new players spawning there rather than inland.

that is an amazing idea i hope they do this :D i would love to be able to spawn with my friends but it still is random