Sign in to follow this  
polhudo

Suggestion against DCers

After confronting many people that get shot and press Alt + F4, I starter thinking about something to stop that.

So, today after I shot a guy with a Lee Enfield on the leg, he shot me back and made me pass out with 5k blood and bleeding. I was hoping for him to pass out too. When I got up, bandaged myself and the searched for him. He shot me... and Disconnected... I lost his loot and he could have mine if he survived. (just for your curiosity I still alive)

So my suggestion is to after you get shot you should get a status (just like shock status). Upon this status if you disconnect from the game you WILL DIE and leave your body on the floor, just like respawn button. Simply dead.

It will be just like: Quit the game after being shot and you're dead, confront your enemy and you have a chance to live.

What do you think about it?

• Like 5

Sounds good to me Rocket seems to already have an idea for a fix for this exploit

Rocket -

"It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out."

That sounds good and I think it could be tested easily and we ll see how it goes.

I actually really like this. Disconnecting within about a minute of taking ANY damage should simply kill your character.

This would solve a lot of PVP problems. The cowards that DC to avoid death are ruining a huge aspect of the game.

Sounds good to me Rocket seems to already have an idea for a fix for this exploit

Rocket -

"It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out."

This statement is very old.

Might work well, just bad if you get connection problems, take damage for what reason ever and log back in with a new char... However if it's stop this cowards from DCing, +1

Considering that when the game is fixed you won't die from bugs and cheaters, just from zombie heats, bullets and accidents, then it's a really good idea.

Connection problems are not always related, this is hard to happen; And if it happens... It's bad luck heheheh...

When I clicked this tread I was like (Oh no not another one of these treads) but after reading what you had said I think that by far thats one of the best suggest for this issue yet. Well done.

Sounds good, I really like this idea. I've lost a kill many times to DC'ers, a lot of loot too. This would definitely change peoples minds about disconnecting, they can either stay and put up a fight, having a chance of surviving. Or they can leave and die instantly, loosing everything.

The only problem I see with this is if you were to loose connection accidentally in the middle of a fire fight, lets say your PC lost connection to the internet whilst being shot at. You'd unfortunately loose your loot, but I can't see a way of this being worked around without people exploiting it.

It has been said before, but the idea it self is good. I don't care about dying, so I prefer to just fight it out. Now the people I clip with my gun will feel PAIN! ;)