I know i will get flamed for this and moaned at by the majority of dayz players and to a certain extent i understand that bandits are a major part in the gameplay but ill go ahead anyway.(and apologise if its mentioned before but cant find anything on this)

Ive been playing now for about a week and really enjoying this mod but theres one thing that i think ruins the gameplay for me...

BANDITS!

For me i die mostly from bandits not the zombies and its god dam anoying!

I really want to experience wat this game has to offer but im finding it hard when im shot dead by some chump camping spawns.

I guess its just down to my own personal preferences, i like the co-op side of things, helping people, giving em a spare gun if ive got one in my backpack, giving em some beans ect ect.

I do understand that this enables people to have the freedom to do what they choose and i guess in a realy life situation that there would be poeple like bandits but id like to think that they would atleast warn me of what there intentions are so i can run in the opposite direction OR atleast have the chance to offer my beans as a trade for my life.

So basically what im getting at is there a more freindly server to play on with less bandits and a nice community?? Or is it possible for people to host servers which disable friendly fire to stop bandits alltogether.

Squid

The best thing to do is to either team up with friends or get connected to someones teamspeak on the forum and team up. Running and gunning by yourself is the most difficult thing to do on this game, its ALWAYS easier when someones got your back.

Bandits are a part of the game, everyone needs to make their choice.

Bandit skins will be gone in the next update. There will still be bandits.

PROTIP: Bandits are what this game has to offer. What you're experiencing playing right now is what the game is. You just have to figure out how you're going to handle knowing that. There will not be any "non-pvp" servers or the like, probably ever.

I do understand that bandits are part of the game. Just an anoying part :D

There will not be any "non-pvp" servers or the like' date=' probably ever.

[/quote']

Really?! I find that hard to believe since it wouldnt take much to implement. I know it would take a large chunk of the gameplay out but giving people the option to choose would be nice.

Why on earth would they take the bandit skin out?? takes all the risk out of being a bandit! What is the point of humanity then? You can just walk up to anyone and they wont immediately see you're a bad guy, you can go "hey sup? BANG" and take their shit. Not a good decision imo... you're an outlaw, you should keep to the shadows, stalk, hunt, stay out of sight until it's too late for your victim!

ARGH!

Not possible. Bandits are part of the mod as are the zombies. It's more interesting to fear people and zombies than just zombie AI's. Adds immersion..

You worry not, soon the bandit skin is removed everyone being equal, except we can find skins throughout the world to customize ourselfs :) Oh wait, there will still be bandits but, you will be able to shoot without worrying about becoming one in case you are under threat.

Your wish will be granted in the next patch. No more bandits, because everyone will look the same regardless of their humanity. >:D

You worry not' date=' soon the bandit skin is removed everyone being equal, except we can find skins throughout the world to customize ourselfs :) Oh wait, there will still be bandits but, you will be able to shoot without worrying about becoming one in case you are under threat.

[/quote']

Thats makes me breath a slight sigh of relief cus i wont have to worry about turning into a bandit if i feel threatend by someone.

Why on earth would they take the bandit skin out?? takes all the risk out of being a bandit! What is the point of humanity then? You can just walk up to anyone and they wont immediately see you're a bad guy' date=' you can go "hey sup? BANG" and take their shit. Not a good decision imo... you're an outlaw, you should keep to the shadows, stalk, hunt, stay out of sight until it's too late for your victim!

ARGH!

[/quote']

You missed that one, huh? There's like... A 36 page thread on it..

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3693

Bandits vex and consternate me no end, but they are part of the game. A no bandit server would imbalance the persistency as much as a clan locked or invite only or reserved slot server.

L

atleast have the chance to offer my beans as a trade for my life.

Why would they do that when they can just kill you and take the beans.

If they let you live then there is a chance you will follow them and kill them for the beans.

(04-30-2012 01:01 AM)rocket Wrote: DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with.

I discussed this with the our team members at great length of many arguments, the idea behind safe zones. The eventual consensus was that it went against the ethos of the project. This whole concept, and the reason it "works", is that there IS no safe zone (unless you make it). Your actions have real and brutal consequences. There are no game designed safety nets.

It is the kind of system/environment that will sometimes make you want to punch the computer screen. But with that kind of risk, comes great emotional reward when you carry something off. The sniper you describe - there are people like this in the world, and in the breakdown of order I can bet that there would be people who would sit on a roof and shoot people "just for the lulz".

The system makes no judgement on player actions, and this is one of the only real rules that was adopted for the development. While consequences may occur for a particular action (e.g. humanity loss), no judgement is implied or placed on that behavior. Beyond hacks, and misuse of exploits, regulating player behavior is not a scope of this project. If players, themselves, wish to group together and attempt to regulate the behavior. Well, that's entirely up to you.

This kind of activity is not for everyone. It really is more of a social experiment than a game. There is no intention to change that, if you dislike the PVP, then I would recommend playing Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or Celery's excellent Chernaus Apocalypse - there is no point in these being recreated through this mod.

Why make something that has already been done?

Annoying image

It was funny the first time' date=' but hey some people want a Co-op zombie experience.

Some examples of this can be:

[i']No more room in hell

Zombie Master

Zombie Panic Source

Left 4 Dead

Red Nation

Killing Floor