omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Controversial Topic: BANDITRY IS DEAD.

I agree with a lot of your observations and postulate that it is only going to get worse.

• Like 1

Nobody's going to hold you at gunpoint so your overwatch can snipe them, or so you can just abort, run into the trees, log back, and open fire. Holding people up just isn't feasible in the current environment; it's too full of often-exploited mechanics that allow someone to completely avoid danger.

Edited by Techercizer
  • Like 9

Agreed. Muggings and non-lethal ambushes make PvP exciting. Anonymous killing for shits and giggles adds nothing to the game.

• Like 7

wow, i'm truly surprised that someone isn't already bashing their face against their keyboard saying OMFGYUSAYTHATILOVEKILLINGPEOPLEITSOFUNURGAYIFYOUDON'TKILLPEOPLETROLLOLOHRUDRDRUDRHURRRDDRRRRRR

• Like 8

OP, not only is that extremely fishy as to the authenticity of the video, you state things like this etc, when this is the only heard example of this actually happening with a source.

You're providing an inversely proportional source to the actual happenings and trying to prove a point with it.

A terrible method to go in with.

• Like 1

Banditry is dead. As you noticed its just Massmurder left.

I hoped for more then that in this game but in the last few weeks it changed alot. And I changed aswell or my behaviour.

I hope it will change again when a friend of me joins the game, so I can trust someone in this game.

• Like 1

We all want this kind of banditry but the way things are with alt+f4/abort its never going to happen atm. a fix for DCers will be like a new game

• Like 2

We all want this kind of banditry but the way things are with alt+f4/abort its never going to happen atm. a fix for DCers will be like a new game

This. If and when I need to rob somebody, I'm taking a calculated risk as it is. If I put myself in harms way and you alt-f4 out, I've exposed myself and gotten nothing to show for it. Once that's fixed, I'll be perfectly ok with robbing someone at gunpoint rather than just blasting them.

• Like 2

There is only one fix to make this kind of game play good quality fun and balanced. If you shoot someone up it puts a debuff on them so if they die within the time period 50% of their stuff is deleted. You know... as if it had been jacked up from all the bullets put into it and what not. It gives people a reason to be actual "Bandits" and not just trigger happy pole smokers.

also, make it so that characters linger in game for 15 seconds after logging out or alt+f4. Maybe put an icon over the characters head to let you know they are being scrub and trying to log out.

Edited by Vylent

No one mugs because they get killed if they try. I don't know why you'd post a video that only shows why it's stupid not to shoot on site. If those muggers had just shot him, then one of them wouldn't be dead now. And stop complaining. If you think in the event of a real world apocalypse everyone would be holding hands and singing kumbaya then you better hope the apocalypse never happens. I will play this game how I want to, thank you very much.

Would not mind if there was some sort of debuff for killing other players, increased zombie awareness, or more zombies flocking to the location to investigate.

I find it a little appaling when attempting to gather some supplies(getting bigger backpack at a supermaket etc), when i get to the area and find people just sat on roofs for the sole purpose of killing you.

Not to gather supplies themselves, but killing everyone else who is making a shot at it.

At the same time, i am playing on norwegian servers currently, and have only ran into other people two times that have not just shot me down on sight(this despite me having a mic, and yelling out friendly). Personally id rather not shoot first, and then ask questions later, but sadly that appears to be what you should do at the moment if you are going solo.

Still, im very much for players being able to kill eachother, and would not change that for anything in the world. Its possibly what makes this game so great. But it does feel like you should get into an organized group from the get go(sort something with other players on a forum etc). And then proceed to exploring and attempting to progress within the game.

I am still a rather new to this game however, and have lots of places to explore and go. Not to mention, a ton of things to learn.

This. If and when I need to rob somebody, I'm taking a calculated risk as it is. If I put myself in harms way and you alt-f4 out, I've exposed myself and gotten nothing to show for it. Once that's fixed, I'll be perfectly ok with robbing someone at gunpoint rather than just blasting them.

The way it is currently even shooting someone is exposing yourself with getting no reward, since they just d/c even if you manage to kill them and there body will poof.

There is only one fix to make this kind of game play good quality fun and balanced. If you shoot someone up it puts a debuff on them so if they die within the time period 50% of their stuff is deleted. You know... as if it had been jacked up from all the bullets put into it and what not. It gives people a reason to be actual "Bandits" and not just trigger happy pole smokers.

it's a tricky situation, because finding a balance without giving an unnecessary punishment is difficult for rocket.

I haven't had people d/c AFTER I've killed them, actually. I've wounded people who've then DCed, sure.

No one mugs because they get killed if they try. I don't know why you'd post a video that only shows why it's stupid not to shoot on site. If those muggers had just shot him, then one of them wouldn't be dead now. And stop complaining. If you think in the event of a real world apocalypse everyone would be holding hands and singing kumbaya then you better hope the apocalypse never happens. I will play this game how I want to, thank you very much.

well, you clearly didn't read the post, or watch the video.

1. the person they were robbing was killed, and it was their (the person being robbed) fault for being killed, as he took a risk in killing one of them, but in the end, it led to his own death.

2. you clearly did not read the giant message at the end of the post, in bold, capitalized, and underlined, dumbass.

• Like 1

You can clearly see why people don't rob people like that anymore. If you just kill the person, there will not be any risks for the robber. In the video the robber get's killed because they gave the victim a second to react.

it's a tricky situation, because finding a balance without giving an unnecessary punishment is difficult for rocket.

Why exactly does there need to be a 'balance', again?

The balance is going to come in the order of humanity, when the system is released. Arguably, robbing someone will have little to no effect on your humanity, whereas murdering someone will.

There is no punishment.... It adds a different style of play. Its not like its going to completely stop people from killing on sight. It will however add MORE realism(seems to be rockets fav thing) aswell as lower the douchebaggery going on atm. Also imo my idea is completely balanced. Its not going to give anyone an unfair advantage and you will be dead so its not like you have some lasting negative effect.

well, you clearly didn't read the post, or watch the video.

1. the person they were robbing was killed, and it was their (the person being robbed) fault for being killed, as he took a risk in killing one of them, but in the end, it led to his own death.

2. you clearly did not read the giant message at the end of the post, in bold, capitalized, and underlined, dumbass.

I did read it. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck, whether or not you say it is. And yeah, the muggee got killed, but so did one of the muggers, which could have been prevented if they had just shot him.

Edited by Yeung-Jin

Bandits that kill on sight are complete cowards. While I don't have a problem with them doing this I feel there are much more interesting ways to do this. I don't often shoot innocents unless they begin to pose a threat, I usually rob them and break their limbs to render them helpless while I take what I wish. Unfortunately there isn't always a lot of insentive to do this as it requires a lot less effort to just shoot you...but frankly I find it more fun to torture them.

I'm usually kind-ish about it. I remember one time in a firehouse there was a guy facing a wall, I went up and told him to drop his fucking gun. If he turns I'll blow his balls on the walls. He dropped his weapons, I put them in my backpack and then broke his legs and bandaged him so he wouldn't die on me. I took everything that I wanted out of his backpack then said I was going to drop morphine on the other side of the fire house so he could fix his legs. I didn't tell him but I dropped his guns at the door with 1 mag each for them so he wouldn't be completely defenseless.

I feel this method is much more entertaining that just shooting people and killing them.

• Like 6

Deleting potential loot drops is a punishment, no matter how you slice it. I appreciate that you're trying to paint a brush of realism across it, but that argument is invalid. What if I shoot him once in the head? All of his gear should be intact then, right?

If you decide to rob somebody, it should be because you CHOOSE to, not because the game is forcing you by making it the more efficient way.

I knew one of you would come here.

No one have said that we should hold hands and sing songs.

More that the current situation is that bandits ONLY shoots to kill. There's no "banditry" only deathmatching (basicly), you see someone, you kill them.

In a real world zombie apocalypse that wouldn't happen, unless you wanted to die within a short time too.

• Like 4