Sign in to follow this  
BossFi

Death should reset you back 6 hours.

it's just another carebear suggestion.

There's only two kinds of people that use the word "carebear"

1. Douchebags with no sense of reality

2. Socially inept assholes.

His point is wrong' date=' sure, but now you sound like this:

You might have made a valid point, but that dick move pretty much made the whole thing pointless.

I'm not going to pretend to have read every post nor will I read any after this.

Rocket has already said he would let the mod die than cater to carebears.

Again, Rocket said CASUALS, not carebears.

it's just another carebear suggestion.

There's only two kinds of people that use the word "carebear"

1. Douchebags with no sense of reality

2. Socially inept assholes.

3. Or people who play Eve online, where its a fairly normal term- no need to get buthurt- oh am I allowed to use that term?

I don't agree with the 6 hour rollback, death should be final and absolute (barring a re-roll) but a lot of people seem to inoculate themselves from giving constructive criticism by attacking the nature of the OP rather than the idea.

The idea is a bad one, so show and explain why it's bad and would never work or benefit the core game. Attacking the OP and claiming your own flawless superiority over the "dirty casuals" makes you look like an insecure asshole.

We are all above this. The mod will survive on the strength of its ideas and not because fans continually defend the game from every perceived "attack".

3. Or people who play Eve online

See #2, there's no difference.

Carebear is being thrown around and used as a derogative term used against people who want a more co-operative experience. The concept being that if they don't like constantly killing one another in ego-inflating douchebaggery (which let's be honest, that's what camping Cherno with a CZ is) then they clearly like tree hugging and marshmellows farting rainbows.

Carebear is synonymous with "total wuss" because the people that use said term don't have the balls to come out and admit they need to feel superior. Is someone a wuss for wanting co-op? No, never, and you're an idiot if you think otherwise. Instead, they need to be pointed towards more co-op style mods. DayZ is straight up perma-death/PvP/all-in or walk home hardcore and I personally wouldn't have it any other way. When I want co-op, I go play Killing Floor, oh but then that makes me a carebear right?

So yeah, if the OP is a carebear, then we're all butthurtt assholes, because there's no middle ground. Are you?

I didn't think so. Neither is the OP, or anyone that wants to co-operate, a carebear.

Bandits don't play the coop zombie game' date=' they just play to piss people off and to be an Ahole (generally speaking).

[/quote']

No. NO.

I don't play to piss people off. I play as a bandit because to me, killing players is much more of a challenge than zombies.

Fine' date=' then at least give bandits some repercussions as it is too attractive to be one.

[/quote']

Bandit repercussions? How about being shot on sight by any player you don't know irl? Never being able to form groups, or go into populated areas? I'm sure the bandit route is easier, by far... but that doesn't mean there aren't any repercussions.

You wan't to go the righteous route, be my guest. But don't expect it to be easy. The righteous road is the hardest path to follow. Why should it be ANY different in the apocalypse? Hell, it should be magnified, which is represented in this game quite well.

Here is my suggestion for you: play smarter. This is a thinking man's game. Don't want to think? Go play something else. I suggest Left for Dead if you are looking for cooperation.

I'm sorry if this seems standoffish, but I'm growing tired of players not playing smart, and blaming other players for their downfall. I've died many times, and not once did I blame any other player but myself. If you die, its most likely due to not being cautious, or not playing smart enough. Learn from your mistakes rather than blame all the "bad ole' bandits".

--(edit: I misused they're and their. hngggggh :()--

permanent death is what gives this game the great atmosphere it has

it's what makes the human element and human interaction so appealing and filled with tension

Bandits don't play the coop zombie game' date=' they just play to piss people off and to be an Ahole (generally speaking).

[/quote']

No. NO.

I don't play to piss people off. I play as a bandit because to me, killing players is much more of a challenge than zombies.

I'm sorry if this seems standoffish, but I'm growing tired of players not playing smart, and blaming other players for their downfall.

There's a clear issue here that you're missing: Both of you are right.

Bandits in DayZ do not kill just to be douchebags, but in forced PvP games in the past, they definitely are there for that sole reason. The question is why...

DayZ was designed to be a mostly PvP game from the ground up. It was built on a PvP based engine and so it works. There are environmental hazards, but at the end of the day, the greatest threat is the player. There is no evil to fight against, there is simply you and survival. Players who become Bandits thrive on the greater risk BECAUSE they get a greater reward. Admit it, if it was more cost effective to hunt Zeds, you wouldn't have to worry as much.

In other games (EVE for example) there is nothing gained from "banditry" other than infamy and some arbitrary points/accolades (I might be wrong here, but for the sake of argument, let my point through). The quickest way to gain resources is to mine. This is the same way in other games like Rappelz, WoW, Etc. There is a greater evil that must be brought down, and many players realize this. Yet, more destructive forces force players to endure grief and annoyance just for shits and giggles (camping Goldshire anyone?).

DayZ does not conform to these styles, and is not a PvP with PvE style game. It's not even a GAME. It will always be mass, open, free for all survival. Anyone that wants more of a co-op experience need look no further than the general section in this forum, as there is a link to a very popular (and similar) co-op zombie survival mod. You're not any less of a person for preferring it, you just like to have fun WITH people, instead of AGAINST them.

No, the appeal is not going to fade. This game exists because it appeals to a certain kind of gamer who is looking for a certain kind of experience.

There are plenty of games out there that lack consequences. In fact, game stores are FLOODED with them.

Being set back is what makes this worthwhile. It creates tension that the carebear games lack.

I'll tell you why we PvP. The guys in Cherno and Elektro do it because they get a kick out of killing other players. They're your standard PvPers. Nobody with decent gear is in those towns. They aren't gathering any more loot than they could get just by running through a few buildings.

Farther out, bandits kill because there's a very good chance that whoever's out there DOES have some good gear. Killing serves more of a purpose. You aren't dropping newbies with Makarovs and nothing worthwhile to loot.

Decent guys kill out there because they know they're a tempting target, and because they've been struggling to stay alive. They kill so you don't have the chance to kill them.

3. Or people who play Eve online

See #2' date=' there's no difference.

[/quote']

Oh we got a badass over here.

Carebear is synonymous with "total wuss" because the people that use said term don't have the balls to come out and admit they need to feel superior. Is someone a wuss for wanting co-op? No' date=' never, and you're an idiot if you think otherwise. Instead, they need to be pointed towards more co-op style mods. DayZ is straight up perma-death/PvP/all-in or walk home hardcore and I personally wouldn't have it any other way.

[/quote']

What has the OP got to do with being co-op? You infer because I think someone has a 'total wuss' suggestion I'm against co-op? Where did you get this from? I love teamwork. What I don't like is 'total wuss' suggestions that stop DayZ from being a "straight up perma-death/PvP/all-in or walk home hardcore" game, which I like you wouldn't have any other way. Reducing the permadeath as the OP would have it would stop it being hardcore. You just got all offended over one word.

no. death is permanent. get rid of carebear ideas like this FAST.

Fine' date=' then at least give bandits some repercussions as it is too attractive to be one. Bandits don't play the coop zombie game, they just play to piss people off and to be an Ahole (generally speaking).

[/quote']

once again.. no.

there is reasons to be both. for a survivor, its knowing you can rely on your buddies, and you can have them work with you to deal with high Z count and raid towns etc.

for a bandit, its the ability to kill indiscriminatly for profit.

both are fine. stop being a carebear. if you dont like being killed. you have a few simple options

1, stop playing

2, stay hidden

3, shoot them first

4, stop playing

pick any. but stop suggesting this game gets nerfed into a carebear BS game like every other title out there