Sign in to follow this  
StmPnkRaccoon

Infinite Hourglass- Tried Everything!

For 6 hours now Ive been trying to solve this problem and I havent found any other blog posts with similiar problems.

Ever since our truck exploded and I got knocked out until I died I have had this hourglass in the middle of the screen. It makes me unable to do anything nor allowing me to press esc and respawn etc.

Behind the hourglass I appear to be alive, even tho Ive died once and tried to respawn multiple times since. It is so that if I force the game to shut (ctrl + alt + delete) and log back into a random server I can be quick and press esc before the game starts. This way allow me to press respawn and abort, but it does not make a difference, because the problem returns.

I have tried everything I can think of:

-Reinstalling the mod

-Reinstalling the game

-Changing server

-Respawn

-Deleting character(both from game menu and from files)

No results

Note: The hourglass does run out, but it would take 25 hours by my calculations. It is impossible to even know whether or not this would solve the problem or if it would all just start over.

Ive added a picture of the problem.

Please help me!

DayZ Hourglass problem.bmp

• Like 1

...Tried an epi pen?

Edited by Techercizer
  • Like 1

How long ? I stay like 1h or 2h, didn't died. Thé server dced me When the hourglass was half full.

• Like 1

How long ? I stay like 1h or 2h, didn't died. Thé server dced me When the hourglass was half full.

just leave the game to itself, it'll take a long while since your character isn't moving.you have to wait till your food is flashing. for me, it took me till my water hit orangeish till his health to start going down. and if it's going down that means yours was actually trying to go down, mine didn't move an inch from the top.

• Like 1

I have this too. I'm at 12000 blood but I broke my legs running for no reason. Now every server I join I just have this white hour glass that does nothing. I'm at full hunger and thirst so it's going to take forever for it to kill me.

I'm in cherno so hopefully someone will find me and finish the job.

I also think it's pretty damn stupid that you can't respawn while unconcious.

Edited by Jallen
  • Like 1

All we need is a quick patch that allows us to respawn when unconcious.

• Like 1

I am stuck in this state too - ridiculous. I cant even delete my character or respawn.

• Like 2

please dayz crew, give us a hand here. i'm unable to play dayz because i'm stuck in the infinite hourglass. player id 640641.

• Like 1

Same problem for me. Get Killed by Zombies. Get the "you are dead" sign then never clears only way to exit is Alt-F4 then rejoin server. Get hour glass but never goes down fast enough before getting kicked from server for no activity. What a mess.

Character ID 52622214

yeah same problem here I need to freaking die and I have wireless so I dc alot and it's taking for freaking ever to die I was full hunger and hp when i bled out to 28hp

Sorry for reviving an older thread, but I didn't want to create a new one.

So, after an incident with a barracks door (did no damage, but gave me a shock when I opened it) unrelated to that incident, I decided to quickly log out and reconnect to the server to fix the lag (Don't know why, but sometimes it becomes so laggy it wont even drink or eat). When I got back in, my character collapsed and an hourglass appeared. After waiting for a good while, I realized it does not count down at all. Is there any way to solve this problem? I don't mind if I have to respawn or something, I just can't do anything.

Yeah, I've been stuck on the coast by Otmel for 3 days now. If I uninstall this game again I AM NOT going to reinstall it.

WORKAROUND: This problem does not follow me to private servers so there is something wrong with the hive.

SOLUTION: As soon as it is released, pick up a copy of WarZ. It's the only thing these people understand.

And before you start, YES these people are getting stuck for f****** HOURS. The only thing you can do with your keyboard is Ctrl-Alt-Del or Alt f4. No chance of calling out in any channel for someone to come kill you. And please don't start with the "it's an alpha mod" crap. The second they announced the stand alone it became a test bed and advertisement for the stand alone.

And let me explain how the average consumer looks at this. Once this product hits my sh** list I will NEVER by another product from Bohemia. When they hired Rocket full time and took over production of the stand alone they also bought ALL the associated head aches. FIX THIS or I am done with BI. And word of mouth can break this game just as fast as it made it. Seriously folks, WarZ is looking pretty good.

Player ID 36154694

Seriously folks, WarZ is looking pretty good.

Player ID 36154694

I agree... If you like CoD lookalike weapons and physics and highlighted items with "press E to pick up" texts for retards.

I agree... If you like CoD lookalike weapons and physics and highlighted items with "press E to pick up" texts for retards.

I like a program that actually WORKS, if thats what you mean. I don't care if it's a "look alike". DayZ is just a STALKER look alike. And STALKER had a pretty damned good ballistics model so there goes THAT edge. And they are ALL (CoD, BF, whatever) just a remake of Rainbow Six. So save it for your friends. When you use words like "retards" I know exactly where you're coming from.