Sign in to follow this  
JohnJohn1983

Newbie Needing tips

Hi guys, today is my 1st day on this game, Ive got use to the basic controls but theirs one thing buggin me. It might sound stupid but I have no idea how lol. When being chased is their anyway to jump or get over those small fences that you can step over as I have no idea how to step over em lol. I remember doing it when trying arma 2 but seriously cant remember how.

Thanks In advance for an answer to this newbie question :-)

Find a weapon, Play third person, always go prone when crossing roads, crouch when Zed are near, go to Elektro and loot.

Also, check out the videos on youtube. Some of the tutorials are done very well. Have fun and good luck.

Find a weapon, Play third person, always go prone when crossing roads, crouch when Zed are near, go to Elektro and loot.

zoom is your friend, always look ahead, goin prone can be risky especially near buildings if you happen to not see a zombie, if you look ahead 360 degrees b4 advancing you should be able to duck run the roads, also dont be afraid to go into towns just be very carful circle the estate and find the clearest way in always stay duck running stay on the move zombies will barely hit you aslong as you are running, ZOOM ahead at doors to building to check if they are accesible get in and out fast, dont exit thru a door when you dont know whats out side use the way you came in and zoom check as you exit, avoid armed players lose zombies by running thru trees and bracken or circle round buildings

goin prone can be risky especially near buildings if you happen to not see a zombie

i mean while crossing roads near settlements, zombies are quite often around the edges of estates wandering in the grass, and your slowly crossing a road on your belly?, risky.. duck running reduces your visibility and if you've checked for clearance you should be good

Press the "Enter" key on the right bottom corner of your keyboard. That'll make you go third person.

Watch videos, they help you learn how to go near zombies, and you can also practice a few times by seeing how far a zombie might hear you or see you.

To zoom you hold the right mouse button, and to lift you gun and look through your cross-hairs, you just click the right mouse button.

Edited by CerebralZombie

i mean while crossing roads near settlements, zombies are quite often around the edges of estates wandering in the grass, and your slowly crossing a road on your belly?, risky.. duck running reduces your visibility and if you've checked for clearance you should be good

Yeah my brother also says I should be running more. I guess I waste more time when I'm crouch walking between two groups of zombies about 10 feet away from me on both sides. x]

Yeah my brother also says I should be running more. I guess I waste more time when I'm crouch walking between two groups of zombies about 10 feet away from me on both sides. x]

yeah i mean crouch walking which looks abit more of a run to me since its still quite fast, full stood run will attract zombies tho

lol ive taken out a whole estate nearly of zombies while crouched with an axe when i first started a day ago i was attracting 5 zombies at once and struggling to lose them, now i have 4 cans of soda a pistol 5 cans of food 4 bandages 4 magazines for my pistol and few other bits and peices, and am still no full blood