Sign in to follow this  
guyb790

Characters!: Creation & Management of different characters

Hello everyone! B)

I have recently started playing Day Z (actually, it's only my third day over there) and I already thought about an idea for it: If we're creating like, a character everytime we respawn from death (the screen of choosing 'Male' or 'Female') why can't we make it to multiple characters? The point of my idea is actually giving a player the abillity to create a number of characters that he can choose while entering a server.

Why should we add this?

Well, my personal reason is that when I want to play Day Z, and start a new character to continue exploring some cities and such I cannot do that, because I already have one that, for example, now at the north side with supplies and everything similliar to that. Or, lets say you're playing with group of people / clan or what so ever, and you all disconnect together in one area at some point so later on you can procceed. All the suddenn you have the 'need' to play Day Z, but you don't want to continue alone because most of the chances you'll find yourself dead or have something wrong going on, or gain advantage, or just non joyfull gameplay experience of playing alone. So instead, you can switch/create another character to continue playing maybe with another friend of yours without disturbing the latest activity with your group, and you can play all day untill your group comes online and you can continue. It happend to me once, really, didn't ended well.

So what will it be all about?

[~] The system will able to create different characters that, obviously, each one can be choosed before entering in-game inside a server.

[~] All of these characters will consume and register under the person's CD-KEY, like it goes now (if I'm not wrong..)

[~] You will have a limit of 3~5 characters that you can create.

[~] You will be able to manage (simply create, delete and such) your characters simply with user-friendly system on log-in, or anything else that won't need a kick of handout and taking time to understand or either use it.

I don't think this idea has been got up to the air yet (expect some character lock to servers once, I really don't know what it is but I'm not sure if it's related to my idea.) and I would like to see the community giving feedback on it.

What do you think?

Would strain the shit out of the servers, inpoly alot of ways to exploit, and just isn't really needed.

• Like 1

This is a hardcore game, we don't need any character bullshit here.

The point of the game is that you are the character and you have to survive with that one character. It makes your decisions more important. And yes, it's open to way too many exploits.