CraigWazHere

Insanity System, combating banditry

Feedback  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Good system? (Read the topic before voting)

• Yes. I agree 100%
    • No. I disagree with the sanity system.
    • Maybe, it has potential. (Add a reply with your ideas)
    • I think banditry is fine. I agree with unnecessary killing and want it to stay.

Let me play the devil's advocate.

Where is the problem in ruining another player's day?

• Like 1

Let me play the devil's advocate.

Where is the problem in ruining another player's day?

That's just it. If that's what you want to do, then you should be allowed to do so.

Most bandit players are already self sufficient and actually don't need the loot or weapons of their victim, killing for ammo is also no reason, you can just DC and come back for the time beeing.

Most of the bandits i came across dropped a high powered rifle, a pistol, a full set of belt items, a ruck filled with....another rifle, another pistol...lots of ammo...some food/drinks, medical equipment, a ghille, nvg.

With this kind of equipment and nothing else to do you can become bored really easy so the only thing to turn to is to kill other players regardless of their status. Happened in Sahrani Life, happens in Chernarus Life, happens here and in every game where players are fed up and have nothing else to do.

or you could use you imagination and use your skills and gear to help noobs, do mercenary work and so on.

At the risk of repeating myself, if you get fed up with bandits, do something about it. The mechanics are already in the game to allow you to do this. Join a group, start a group go it alone, take the bandits on, it's up to you.

This is incorrect. The mechanics for this are actually out of game, via real life contacts, skype, forums, etc. As is, there is almost no chance for a new player on a new server to be able to find enough people in game that won't kill him on sight in order to start a group large enough to combat bandits. And even if they did find a large enough group, that bandit would just DC and ghost to somewhere else, reconnect to the server and start sniping them. Without a system like Walky Talkies in place, there is no way for a random survivor spawning on a coast somewhere to do what you propose.

So yeah, that's how the problem should be solved, by players, but currently such a thing is not supported in game properly like it would be if this were a real life scenario.

As for the question posed by Lady Kyrah, there isn't one, except for the fact that the player having his day ruined has little to no chance to return the favor to the bandit hiding on a hill in a ghili suit with a sniper rifle ready to DC at the first sign of trouble. There is no Action -> Consequence chain for being a bandit at the moment, and there needs to be or there is no reason NOT to be a bandit, which creates a very unrealistic social enviorment in game. Having bandits is perfectly fine, I would even go so far as to say it's integral to the DayZ experience. But people should realize that currently it's broken as to the benefit of being a bandit vs. the benefits and sheer ability to form cooperative survivor groups, and it needs to be tweaked.

• Like 1

This is such bullshit, where do you get this stuff from? I've killed people in Afghanistan, and witnessed people killed, it doesn't haunt me whatsoever to this day, and I know lots of people who've come home from war without any problems from killing people. What most people i know have problems with however, is seeing civilians slaughtered or abused, and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

you´ve killed people in Afghanistan, and you have come back from there to your relatives, family, friends. But in world of dayz, most of the population is dead, it´s end of the world, not just another war, there´s nothing to go back to, no homeland in which you can be called a hero, army boy. I replied to your comment on similar topic same way, but you never replied back.

also, it seems you don´t understand that we are not discussing about making it hell to be bandit, we are talking about adding realism and immersion to game. Be bandit however you want, but it really is that right now dayZ is just pretty much call of duty with zombies.

This is incorrect. The mechanics for this are actually out of game, via real life contacts, skype, forums, etc. As is, there is almost no chance for a new player on a new server to be able to find enough people in game that won't kill him on sight in order to start a group large enough to combat bandits. And even if they did find a large enough group, that bandit would just DC and ghost to somewhere else, reconnect to the server and start sniping them. Without a system like Walky Talkies in place, there is no way for a random survivor spawning on a coast somewhere to do what you propose.

So yeah, that's how the problem should be solved, by players, but currently such a thing is not supported in game properly like it would be if this were a real life scenario.

As for the question posed by Lady Kyrah, there isn't one, except for the fact that the player having his day ruined has little to no chance to return the favor to the bandit hiding on a hill in a ghili suit with a sniper rifle ready to DC at the first sign of trouble. There is no Action -> Consequence chain for being a bandit at the moment, and there needs to be or there is no reason NOT to be a bandit, which creates a very unrealistic social enviorment in game. Having bandits is perfectly fine, I would even go so far as to say it's integral to the DayZ experience. But people should realize that currently it's broken as to the benefit of being a bandit vs. the benefits and sheer ability to form cooperative survivor groups, and it needs to be tweaked.

Firstly, bandits and cheaters are two seperate things. Being a bandit is a style of playing. DC'ing to avoid death is cheating. Maybe that's where were getting our wires crossed. Also, when I suggested people form groups I meant via forums like this, not by randomly walking around the map.

Your putting bandits, snipers and cheaters in the same bag. Theyre different things.

you´ve killed people in Afghanistan, and you have come back from there to your relatives, family, friends. But in world of dayz, most of the population is dead, it´s end of the world, not just another war, there´s nothing to go back to, no homeland in which you can be called a hero, army boy. I replied to your comment on similar topic same way, but you never replied back.

also, it seems you don´t understand that we are not discussing about making it hell to be bandit, we are talking about adding realism and immersion to game. Be bandit however you want, but it really is that right now dayZ is just pretty much call of duty with zombies.

That took longer than I thought for someone to drop the COD bomb! Congratulations, you've just won a tin of beans!

P.s - COD already has zombies.

Edited by Fraggle

But there IS no consequence in killing someone in a lawless environment. It might not make sense because all our life we have been taught that for every actions we have to bear consequences, but outside of the social construct it's simply not true. There is no god striking the sinners the rapists and the murderers. And even in our society, if someone end the life of another person, if there is no proofs, that person will walk free.

The only consequences are brought down by other peoples who have the manpower to set in motion those consequences.

DayZ is a dog eat dog world, if you are alone, nobody will come save you if you cannot save yourself.

What you call broken is because one behavior is more rewarding than another. But it is the same in reality, not every options are equally viable in life. Wars still exist because it's the most ruthless and effective way to solve a conflict, there is simply nothing that is as equally powerful as killing other peoples to impose an idea or turn a situation to your favor.

Also there is a matter of subjectivity, it seems that only the bandits are killers. The bigger the group, the less chances you are willing to take with strangers.

only an immature, naieve little shit thinks the 'bad guys' are so 'bad' that killing them makes him feel good

then there's the problem of your lazy motherfucking design implying that only bad people have poor mental health

GTFO

• Like 1

But there IS no consequence in killing someone in a lawless environment. It might not make sense because all our life we have been taught that for every actions we have to bear consequences, but outside of the social construct it's simply not true. There is no god striking the sinners the rapists and the murderers. And even in our society, if someone end the life of another person, if there is no proofs, that person will walk free.

The only consequences are brought down by other peoples who have the manpower to set in motion those consequences.

DayZ is a dog eat dog world, if you are alone, nobody will come save you if you cannot save yourself.

What you call broken is because one behavior is more rewarding than another. But it is the same in reality, not every options are equally viable in life. Wars still exist because it's the most ruthless and effective way to solve a conflict, there is simply nothing that is as equally powerful as killing other peoples to impose an idea or turn a situation to your favor.

Also there is a matter of subjectivity, it seems that only the bandits are killers. The bigger the group, the less chances you are willing to take with strangers.

Hurrah to that!

only an immature, naieve little shit thinks the 'bad guys' are so 'bad' that killing them makes him feel good

then there's the problem of your lazy motherfucking design implying that only bad people have poor mental health

GTFO

Err dude, the OP is by a 14 year old.

In real life, if you were in this situation, there would be great benefits to travelling as a group, so much so that people would generally choose to do so vs. being a lone wolf killer. Currently there is nothing really but blood transfusions (that can be circumvented by eating lots of food) that you really gain by being in a group. There needs to be, for both bandits and survivors to form groups. Forming a group in-game as a survivor is also unduely difficult vs. how it would be in a real life scenario. It needs to be tweaked. There shouldn't be some lame system like insanity, and there shouldn't be something directly punishing to killers (other than perhaps building a reputation as such), but there needs to be in-game mechanics that create things that benefit players to group up for, enough to counterbalance the rewards of just lone wolf killing others for their gear.

In short, the benefits of grouping up with that guy you just met need to outweight the benefits of shooting him for his gear.

That took longer than I thought for someone to drop the COD bomb! Congratulations, you've just won a tin of beans!

Says one who drops alpha bombs all over the place...

edit: nice offtopic by the way. couldn´t argue with what I said about topic earlier?

Edited by Eza

Why dont you make it the other way around. Bandits are not scared. Survivor should get scared for not firing his weapon. No shooting experience = scared to use the gun. Then seeing a bandit would make the survivor shake....

Why dont you make it the other way around. Bandits are not scared. Survivor should get scared for not firing his weapon. No shooting experience = scared to use the gun. Then seeing a bandit would make the survivor shake....

oh yeah, make them survivors shake so badly they don´t have no way to shoot bandits that have killed already so many people and gotten their equipment, and have anyways more experience with the game.

More power to powerful.

but yeah, I don´t support idea of making anyone shake because of killing other players, but I support other things hinting insanity, like random laughters that can be heard by other players (but not zombies).

Edited by Eza

but yeah, I don´t support idea of making anyone shake because of killing other players, but I support other things hinting insanity, like random laughters that can be heard by other players (not zombies).

Cus that really happens...

Cus that really happens...

which? shake or laughter?

cuz if you shake, you shake so little I haven´t noticed it, and if you laugh, then count me deaf, I haven´t heard such thing even if I´ve been around bandits

Edited by Eza

it just comes down to a matter of communication. finding groups on forums is great yeah but there needs to be some way for players to contact other players to form groups in game like with the radio and walkie talkie ideas that are flying around.

with permadeath its far to risky for two people with guns to trust one another, hence everyone shoots everyone.

lets say for example there is a group of bandits on your server camped on top of a hospital just ruining everyone's life in cherno or elektro. single players (survivor and bandits) need a way to get that news out there and form some sort of group to deal with that problem.

if four dudes wanna sit on a roof and shoot people all day thats their right but no one person can go up there and take them all out with a makarov.

i just think that with that sort of communication the whole experience and atmosphere of the game will improve and give us the players the tools to balance it out ourselves instead of bitching to Rocket to change a bunch of stuff or penalize playstyles.

Says one who drops alpha bombs all over the place...

edit: nice offtopic by the way. couldn´t argue with what I said about topic earlier?

I just didn't really think your first post deserved too much effort, it was mainly aimed at insulting someone else and had little to do with the topic. Read the constructive posts I've made throughout this thread and then come back with something that you've thought about for more than 10 seconds. If your just trolling I'm not interested.

which? shake or laughter?

cuz if you shake, you shake so little I haven´t noticed it, and if you laugh, then count me deaf, I haven´t heard such thing even if I´ve been around bandits

That was sarcasm dude, keep up.

I post a suggestion and I'm called a naive immature child little shit. I'm 14.

Despite all the off-topics and silly little pointless remarks like 'Oh in Afghanistan killing is fine, I've killed people lololol' That's a war. What you were in was a War in Afghanistan and a Post apocalyptic zombie survival rpg based in Russia is a completely different thing.

If you disagree with it, vote in the poll and shut the fuck up, or offer an alternative.

If you agree with it, vote in the poll and shut the fuck up.

If you think maybe, you should post a suggestion like the poll says.

Considering the playerbase clearly hates the idea and someone who thought it could have worked. Smarten up. I put an idea forward and it gets this much hate? Just disagree with it. No need to start arguments over it, It's as if you just assume this will get added to the game and use every fibre in your pathetic frail body to prevent it from happening.

Fraggle, thanks for showing alternatives to avoiding bandits and saying something useful.

Sandy State Phantom. Your first piece of shit remark: What other alternative would there be to raise your sanity? Sit on a computer raging to people half your age? No. There's no alternative, I don't see how that's immature, I'll not count naive because you couldn't even spell it right.

Your second remark... 'Implying that only bad people have poor mental health' Oh so you're saying there should be MORE ways to become insane? WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING ON ABOUT

The players hating unecessary deaths need to stop being so lazy and 1) play more carefully, and 2) team up.

If i get killed in the first 30 minutes, it's almost always by zombies and because I didn't have a weapon, and I got careless.

Once I have a weapon I tend to last for hours in game, and when I die, it's almost always, again, that I got careless, got greedy, couldn't be happy with the great loot I had, I had to go looking for one more, AKM mag, etc; That and I didn't team up and get someone to watch my back and help out.

Edited by Psylnz

Nice one CraigWazHere, couldn't have put it better myself. I look forward to your next suggestion.

Edited by Fraggle

Despite all the off-topics and silly little pointless remarks like 'Oh in Afghanistan killing is fine, I've killed people lololol' That's a war. What you were in was a War in Afghanistan and a Post apocalyptic zombie survival rpg based in Russia is a completely different thing.

Now if you read what i quoted, this remark would've been fine, although I still disagree. But please, read what YOU said, and then read my post again, maybe you'll actually learn something.

• Like 1