Sign in to follow this  
Imion

Are there no chat?

Ive tried to chat in game with no luck, nor can I see any else type anything, are there no ingame chat?

Direct chat works fine. It's for people within a certain distance from you. If you have a mic as well, when on direct chat, you can hold (Default "Caps Lock") to voice chat.

To switch chat channels press (Default "." or ","). then press (Default "/") and start typing your message. The message can then be sent via (Default "Enter").

*Is there no chat?

And are you using Direct Chat? Direct chat is used to talk to players within 40m with text, and within 100m with a Mic.

There is no global chat. However there is a direct chat, which means you can speak to people within 45 metres.

Thanks guys, so another quick question if I may.. groups, is that just a pack of people, or can you actually "invite" to group? also I saw a guy but pointing at him didnt give me his name, how do I see his name, he died on me and want to get in touch with him again

Group chat to my knowlege does not work unless you're in the lobby. some servers have nameplates disabled.

there is no group system so it is just a pack of peolpe

names show up only on servers with the option enabled.. if it is disabled you can only see it in chat

Edited by moriak

Thanks :-) I gotta admit I really like this game so far, even though after 5 hours of running around and getting shot in the back, then starting over and running around for yet another 4 hours and still havent found anything better than an axe kinda sucks :P

Direct chat is used to talk to players within 40m with text, and within 100m with a Mic.
However there is a direct chat, which means you can speak to people within 45 metres.

Why everyone gets this wrong?? :)

The direct talk distance is 80 meters for voice, and 40 meters for text.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ion/#entry82269

Edited by Wüstenfuchs