Sign in to follow this  
tokyofist

Hair growth and weight change in game

Visual suggestions...

Hair Growth

I thought it might be cool to have the characters hair grow in game so you could tell how long a character had been in game by how long their hair was or how bushy a beard they had.

0-10 survival = normal

11-20 survival = stubble growth

21-30 survival = small beard and increased hair length

31-50 survival = bigger beard and longer hair

51+ = long hobo hair and mad bushy beard

Weight

Inspired by GTA...

"With regards to weight... if someone eats plenty... never repeatedly goes into the flashing red hunger icon... then they should maintain their weight or even put on weight. But if somebody is constantly going through prolonged periods of hunger then the character should become thinner.

I understand that there is minimal practical usage for these suggestions... i just thought it might be novel... survivors with big bushy beards and long hair roaming the map... hey maybe you will have the option of shaving using your survival knife. Or perhaps you might be more inclined to kill a fat survivor as you think he has been hoarding all the food or doing too well for themself!!

:D

• Like 1

Visual suggestions...

Hair Growth

I thought it might be cool to have the characters hair grow in game so you could tell how long a character had been in game by how long their hair was or how bushy a beard they had.

0-10 survival = normal

11-20 survival = stubble growth

21-30 survival = small beard and increased hair length

31-50 survival = bigger beard and longer hair

51+ = long hobo hair and mad bushy beard

Weight

Inspired by GTA...

"With regards to weight... if someone eats plenty... never repeatedly goes into the flashing red hunger icon... then they should maintain their weight or even put on weight. But if somebody is constantly going through prolonged periods of hunger then the character should become thinner.

I understand that there is minimal practical usage for these suggestions... i just thought it might be novel... survivors with big bushy beards and long hair roaming the map... hey maybe you will have the option of shaving using your survival knife. Or perhaps you might be more inclined to kill a fat survivor as you think he has been hoarding all the food or doing too well for themself!!

:D

The facial hair would be nice, but the weight gain would be just stupid.

In one of the recent talks rocket gave, he shows a slide that illustrates the beard idea -- there's a picture of a clean-shaven noob with clean clothing, and a veteran with a full beard and dirty clothing.

• Like 1

In one of the recent talks rocket gave, he shows a slide that illustrates the beard idea -- there's a picture of a clean-shaven noob with clean clothing, and a veteran with a full beard and dirty clothing.

Awwww maan! :/ Little slow with my idea. lol

I just googled about a bit to find the image.. so for everyone elses benefit.

http://imgur.com/wmEkW