Sign in to follow this  
mofokk

UK 127 Permanently locked for the last 4 hours.

Player cocanutta and player engolus have locked themselves in for the last 4 hours.

Server name is : UK 127 Hosted by HaveAcookie

Enjoy your looting guys. Named and shamed.

Screenshots would be preferred before you start claiming they are named and shamed.

get your own server mofo and stop whining!

get your own server mofo and stop whining!

Hahah, what is this? Pay-to-play? Get your own server and don't comply with the game creators TOS?

Yeah, just loot the entire map and then open it back up to the public after your have all your stuffs. Both these players should be banned and their server PRIVILEDGEs YANKED!

Hey i'm admin of 127 sorry I just got approved yesterday so I was getting it all set up, the server was locked to stop me pissing people off by keep restarting. It's all pretty much done now and the server will be live tomorrow once I've set up the auto-restart stuff.

Hey i'm admin of 127 sorry I just got approved yesterday so I was getting it all set up, the server was locked to stop me pissing people off by keep restarting. It's all pretty much done now and the server will be live tomorrow once I've set up the auto-restart stuff.

Fair enough, thanks for responding.

I was just coming here to see if there was anything else I should know about the server (like a good schedule for resets and stuff) when i saw this thread.

I guess one of the things I should know is no not have my server locked for any length of time.

If I was committing malicious acts then you sir did a fine job of spotting it. Just glad i spotted this now..

Just happened to show under the server I am playing on at the moment.

No argument from me so long as your just setting up a new server :)

If your after getting peeps on your server you could always announce its arrival in the general server section. not sure if it helps these days.

typical auto server restarts are every 6 hours and put some info in your MOTD telling people when to expect it. saves you getting grief for restarts.

good luck with ya new server o/

I was just coming here to see if there was anything else I should know about the server

Well, welcome to admin world....

You should now that now that you a server admin you'll be accused of everything from farming your own loot, nuking your server, spawning jets, global warming, killing JFK and anything else that goes wrong in some players day......

Good luck! :)

You should now that now that you a server admin you'll be accused of everything from farming your own loot, nuking your server, spawning jets, global warming, killing JFK and anything else that goes wrong in some players day......

And that's on a good day.. :D

Yeah, since locking the server is against the TOS and DayZ devs have already responded in similar posts that all server setup is done through the server interface. If you want to "test" things, you shut down the server, make the changes in the server interface and reboot the server. At no time should it be locked.

Since you're new you may not be aware of this however just to keep yourself in the clear and out of the "group of guys that constantly say they have to lock a server to do maintenance when actually that is just what they all say so they can gather loot and then let the public in" you shoud not lock the server for any reason in the future.

One of the reasons there are so many hackers/dupers/locked servers is because of all the excuses flying around from guys that know full well what they're doing.

I would distance yourself from that group as a server admin. There is no legitimate reason to ever lock your server. Now you know. Anyone that argues against that fact is probably doing it themselves. If you find disagreement with that statement, notice I said "probably", not "always".