Sign in to follow this  
stefan.buschmann@gmx.de

Resurect Players possible?

The system that you can die very fast in the game is one of the importants things of the game. When i play alone, not in a group with others, this is not a huge problem. When I die I lost all.

When you play in a group it could be nice when you not die when you are "dead", maybe somebody can resurect you in the next two minutes after you die. Maybe the dead person and the resurection player haven't kill a other player for 10 minutes.

Can you ressurect people in real life? Maybe with a defibrulator (Could be an awesome super rare item :3)

Can you ressurect people in real life?

Can you heal a broken bone with morphine and suddenly begin to walk on it again? Can you increase your body temperature instantly with a heat pack? The list goes on...

Though resurrecting people? I don't think that would suit this game what so ever. The worst thing about dying when in a group is you've got a long way to go back to link up with them, if they're so far away you might even have to spend a night rummaging through towns to get supplies to survive the run, I can understand the frustration but it adds a bit more risk vs reward.

I could see resurrecting being possible in the future. Not in the magical MMO-sense, but like in real life, unless you are braindead, you could be saved. In theory and sometimes in practice.

I'd say that unless the player got shot right through the heart, any vital arteries, or the head, he/she could be resurrected/saved using epi-pen or defib. Maybe even CPR?

There should be a considerate amount of down-time after that, though. Maybe his/her friends would have to drag the person around until he/she is ready to walk again.

As long as it tries to resemble a realistic scenario, I'm all for it.

This already exists with blood-bags, bandages and epi-pens...

N.B. the 'health' meter in this game is not "hit points", it's blood. If you drain all of a person's blood, there's no way you can fix them afterwards. It's amazing as is that you can be revived at 1/12000 blood :P

I've saved a friend who was down to 50/12000 before, and it was a hell of a rush!

In DayZ:

Anything below ~9000/12000 blood is "critical", where you're getting very close to death.

Anything below ~5000/12000 blood is "you're about to die", get help quickly!

Anything below ~2000/12000 blood is basically "dead". It's very hard to survive by yourself at that level of injury, and you practically need friends to "revive" you.

In real life:

10800/12000 == chance of passing out, weakness, vomiting.

9600/12000 == you're in serious trouble. I hope you're in a hospital already.

7200/12000 == cardiac arrest, etc. you're fucked unless you've got a machine running your vital organs for you.

Edited by ActionMan

This already exists with blood-bags, bandages and epi-pens...

N.B. the 'health' meter in this game is not "hit points", it's blood. If you drain all of a person's blood, there's no way you can fix them afterwards. It's amazing as is that you can be revived at 1/12000 blood :P

I've saved a friend who was down to 50/12000 before, and it was a hell of a rush!

In DayZ:

Anything below ~9000/12000 blood is "critical", where you're getting very close to death.

Anything below ~5000/12000 blood is "you're about to die", get help quickly!

Anything below ~2000/12000 blood is basically "dead". It's very hard to survive by yourself at that level of injury, and you practically need friends to "revive" you.

In real life:

10800/12000 == chance of passing out, weakness, vomiting.

9600/12000 == you're in serious trouble. I hope you're in a hospital already.

4800/12000 == cardiac arrest, etc. you're fucked unless you've got a machine running your vital organs for you.

Good point. However, it is multipurpose and so the system needs refining and to split up into more specific health indicators. You don't die from blood loss after being shot through the heart or head, you die from loosing vital organs. Health is rarely related to your blood level, IRL. Bleeding out happens a lot and causes a lot of deaths, but not statistically significant enough to warrant DayZ's health indicator system to be based on it.

I would think rocket should focus on other areas of the game before focusng on this. one AK bullet to the heart will down anyone...

Edited by Gruelius