Sign in to follow this  
remkoe

Am I the only one?

Who keeps getting his tents/vehicles dissapeared each fucking day? I know this game is in alpha and all, but... the server lags are fucking insane and make me and my group lose vehicles and tents. We save them a shitload of times and each time we set up a new camp, the server disconnects a few hours after. When it finally gets back up everything is just gone, it's not even empty, it's just completely gone. I got told that after another server restart the stuff should be back, but it isn't.

Am I the only one having this problem or what?

Edit: Yes, we did switch servers. We had about 3 camps on different servers and we only have 1 vehicle left. All the others are dissapeared and the tents are nowhere to be found either.

Edited by remkoe

Ever thought about the fact that you are not the only one on the server?

Your vehicles could either be stolen or destroyed and your tents could be dismounted (by driving over it with a vehicle e.g.)

No. Our camps were on low populated servers and well hidden. Our tents just dissapeared, they were not flattened to the ground. This isn't people stealing them, this is insane desync that doesn't save any progress on the server whatsoever.

Edited by remkoe

Just because you think the server is low populated doesn't mean it is all the time ;)

Also, if something is on the server, it can be found.

I've set-up a few tents the last 2 days myself and they are not gone, even all the stuff is still there. The desync problem probably appears because you guys are on high-ping servers (that are really low populated due to the fact they have high latency). You should probably try to get on a little less low-populated ones.

Edited by EpeeNoire

I find myself having the least lag issues on US servers, and I am European. I have no idea what the latency has to do with this. It doesn't make a huge difference and for me alot of the EU servers are desyncing even worse. I haven't played in a couple of days and I'm not sure if it's already fixed, but since 1.7.2 the servers started lagging really bad, which caused some of them (where our camps were on) to restart without giving any warning.

We've had camps on both a 20 ms server and a 150+ ms server. It makes no difference. There is absolutely NO way anyone could destroy our camp just because of a small restart. We get the no message received error near our camp, we log back in at our camp, and it's all dissapeared. That takes about 5 minutes of getting back in the server, how could anyone possibly destroy everything there is. You can keep trying to convince me it's other people fucking around with our camps, but it's not.

if a server is low populated during daytime (in-game) then it is not a good sign

also 1.7.2 (or 1.7.2.1) had the desync issue where progress would not get saved sometimes

I suggest you find a good 1.7.2.3 server

Edited by moriak

Thanks. I'll get back into it one more time, or else I'm just gonna give up and wait for it to be fixed.

Edited by remkoe

I had many issues with connection and lag, and losing characters and gear. But since 1.7.2.3 and 94945 everything works smooth for me, atleast for now... :P

Edited by Tox2401

Ok I now have 7 vehicles (Ural, 2x ATV, UAZ, Bus, Old Hatchback and a GAZ (Red), yes i know, i've been coming across camps lol) and they don't seem to "dissapear" anymore, it's just that after every server restart the vehicles dissapear from the map and I have to wait for another restart to get the vehicles back in it's position. I'm not sure if this ALWAYS happens but it surely happens after every restart for me and my group. Does anyone of you have any clue why?

Edited by remkoe