Acke

The SE16 thread

Hi all, im one of the admins of the newly started SE16 server and I wanted to greet you all and welcome you to our server. We are at the moment around 5 admins but this is slowly increasing as we are teaching people how the admins tools work. Our goal is to actively admin the server to create a fun experience for all players.

The setting we are running at the moment:

Veteran: So we can see kill messages etc, this is mostly to make the server feel more alive as you see that things to happen in the world around you, if you are a lone survivor roaming the big forest and not running into many other peoples etc.

Voice (in game): You are allowed to use your microphone to talk to people close to you. Again for more interaction between players and it could be helpful for the new guy or girl to make friends (or foes)in this dangerous world.

3rd Person OFF: We simply don't like people having the ability to scout through windows when they are prone on the floor etc. Also if you ever get a vehicle, all of a sudden the windows matters :-). This simply brings up the realism.

Crosshair OFF:Again we want people to play tactical, hip fire isn't really accurate so this forces you to use your sight. I think you all get it :)

Timezone UTC -9: The server is in europe and by running it 9 hours behind UTC this basically swaps the day for night and vice verse for players from Europe. So when you get back home from work or school you can play on our server late into the night and still enjoying the daylight :)

Reboots:We are running around 3-4 reboots per 24/hours. They occour at 01 AM, 09 AM & 5 PM UTC. Sometimes we manually reboot the server if it has started to run slow or if something shady has happened after a crash. We always warn about this a couple of minute before.

Until now we have been doing some testing on the server and the tools that allows us to admin it so if you have played there before and you have experienced sudden reboots etc this is something we have worked on and improved. We are actively kicking players that cheat and exploit (esp. disc during fights) so if you play on our server and experience anything like this please email us at:

se16dayz@gmail.com or just reply in this thread.

Its very hard to admin but if you do believe something like this has happened please let us know and we will look thru the logs and do what we can about it. The server is just as good as the players on it so please feel free to help us. All comments are welcomed :-)

Our server is hosted by Vilayer and their service is always improving and getting better.

Anyway hope you come to our server and enjoy this great game.

Thanks

---------------------------------------

DayZ - SE16 (1.7.2/94444) (Veteran|3D:OFF|CH:OFF) dayzmod.com - MG SE SWEDEN [uTC -9]

• Like 3

Just a heads up, at 00:26 (UTC) everyone in SE16 was teleported to the same spot and murdered. I couldn't figure out who it was but maybe you can see in the server logs and ban them. Lost my 3 week old character :( I know its not you guys' fault but if you can find who did it and report them that would be good.

Aside from this, thanks for providing the server

Hi yes, we were online at the same time and yeah it was scary :C. We have been looking thru the logs but yeah its like 3gb wall of text so :-C. I really wish they made it easier to be an admin when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Thanks for enjoying the server and i hope this didnt scare you away.

• Like 2

I'll be back for sure. Even though I think Vilayer's servers are in Luxembourg and I am in the very south of Portugal, I get better ping with you than in the Portuguese servers somehow (!) Thanks for taking the time to reply. From what you say and what I have read since last night it sounds like you guys are in an impossible situation with regards to hacking, so lets hope future battleye/ arma2 beta patches stop it from happening again. :)

Just went through the logs for the last couple of dayz, looking for a few different hacks/scripts and banned quite a few teleporting/spawning scripts kiddies.

Thanks Yarek. We are trying to keep the server as clean as possible. Too bad that ARMA's anticheat system kind off leaves alot to ask for.

A question for all players on our server, do you like the current timezone thing (-9 UTC) or would you rather play in some kind of darkness during the evenings? I dont mind experimenting abit if this is something that alot of you would like, me myself is kinda bored of the 50cal one shotting madness and making it night kinda prevents this, also, its pretty atmospheric.

Let us know.

Yes, I read posts about ARMA's anti-cheat system, why it doesn't fit to DayZ and why it's so hard to find and eliminate cheaters. All the more reason for saying "thanks, admins".

At the beginning of my journey with DayZ I liked playing during the day, because I didn't know the map. Now I'm a little more experienced and I appreciate advantages of nighttime. I'm harder to see for other players, so I'm not sniped all the time. It's easier to avoid zeds. Nevertheless the game become more scary... and I like it!

-3 UTC timezone woudn't be that bad, but it could affect the number of players. There's lot of new dayz gamers and most of them probably will choose "day" servers.