Delta Smoke 01

Definition of the word ENDGAME

Word it however you want, I think 'Endgame' Equips are basically just a set of items that you have, and there isnt an item in the game currently that could replace it as an upgrade, you have the best pistol, best primary, best outfit, and the best sight equipment. But that doesnt mean its the end of the game, i think DayZ is actually 2 different games. The first one being a survival game against an infinite horde of zombies were you have to try to survival with little more than some advil. once you have all the best items and gear, you have some vehicles, tents with extra equipment in case you die, then your at the Endgame for that 'Phase', but then after that the second game begins. thats were you work together with people as a group of military units, go around searching for helis to get more rare guns, go searching through NWAF and fighting other players at the ACT or the barracks, were you try and ambush other clans to get their vehicles, weapons and supplies. that part of the game never ends, and is the most exciting! so when people say 'Endgame" stuff, i agree with what they mean, but they do not mean its the end of the game. it just means they have survive the initial PvE experience, and are now ready to go on the offensive.

Word it however you want, I think 'Endgame' Equips are basically just a set of items that you have, and there isnt an item in the game currently that could replace it as an upgrade, you have the best pistol, best primary, best outfit, and the best sight equipment. But that doesnt mean its the end of the game, i think DayZ is actually 2 different games. The first one being a survival game against an infinite horde of zombies were you have to try to survival with little more than some advil. once you have all the best items and gear, you have some vehicles, tents with extra equipment in case you die, then your at the Endgame for that 'Phase', but then after that the second game begins. thats were you work together with people as a group of military units, go around searching for helis to get more rare guns, go searching through NWAF and fighting other players at the ACT or the barracks, were you try and ambush other clans to get their vehicles, weapons and supplies. that part of the game never ends, and is the most exciting! so when people say 'Endgame" stuff, i agree with what they mean, but they do not mean its the end of the game. it just means they have survive the initial PvE experience, and are now ready to go on the offensive.

I agree with you on what the definition of Endgame is, but I disagree with you on what it entails, or more accurately, what it should entail. Factions simply fighting over the Barracks is fine, but excludes so many possible paths to take that it is a niche few would choose and frankly would get boring as hell after the nth time, kinda like a Mission one would repeat forever, just because.

There need to be other options for players to take. The Loner needs something to continue to strive for. The Bandit needs something to strive for. The Rebuilder needs something to strive for. Others(if they exist) need something to strive for. The thing is, what they all strive for can not be focussed on a common point and/or be just 1 thing. Right now the Barracks and other Military Camps with all their weapons/items are the Holy Grail, but this can't be enough for the longterm(Endgame).

There should be other locations with items that are not Weapons or Military related at all, but so beneficial to have that people are willing to risk acquiring them. Off the top of my head, one such item could be an Electrical Generator. This could even introduce a different challenge then the Barracks does. By that I mean, put the item in a location completely over run by Zs, perhaps even Zs with unique AI that make them more challenging. This way the goal isn't fighting rival factions for a resource, instead you must focus on the Zs alone to achieve the goal. Make it so difficult that even a Team with the best Weapons could fail.

This is a sandbox. The whole point of a sandbox is that there is no handholding/you do what you want. You want an endgame? Make one for yourself. Create goals for yourself or something. Having an endgame in DayZ would ruin the whole point of the game. lol.

This thread again.. banish the word engame please. Not a MMO you're playing here.

Dolan pls...

You know what? Rocket could call it "fuck farts" for all he wants. We all know what he's talking about when he says "endgame" so why are we even here arguing about it?

Your mom's a moron.

come say that to my face kid.

also. she's right. you mad. you wrong. haha

I feel sorry for OP. He just wants to have the discussion that many players including me want to have. To the people that are still "surviving" they don't understand that you get to a point this this game where there is nothing to do. I'm talking when you have everything you could ever want. What do you do? Rocket said at Rezzed the point of the game is to "Survive and thrive" We have the survive part down. Where is the thrive?

Just posting this to clarify what endgame actually means, as people instantly jump on other peoples posts saying the goal is to survive there is no end !! How long have you been playing games lol?? Have you ever got to the end of one ? ENDGAME content is NOT an ending to the game. It is simply more content for those who have reached or are nearing the pinnacle of the game.

As rocket has clearly said there WILL be endgame content coming into dayz very soon. Trolls it is wayyyy past your bedtime.

Look, the concept of "End game" is in itself flawed. Any game with "End game" content usually leads to a player behaviour where people rush through the game itself to get to the "End game" because that's where it is cool to be. That concept has got to be replaced by just a single "game" concept. Being at the start, middle or top shouldn't matter in a well designed game.

The endgame content should obviously be relative to each individual playstyle and objectives each player holds, surviving in itself is an objective, there could be endgame content for that also.

People will always rush to attack or defend that which in itself is irrational.

People just want to hate for the sake of hating on forums now.