roybrown

DayZ Inventory Redesign

That looks awesome. Basically what is wrong with the current inventory are just two things. And you built both in your inventory which is great. Those are:

1) Yes, backpack should be always visible at all times. Saves time and is easier to overlook all items.

2) The most helping thing. DRAG AND DROP. That combined with the all time visible backpack stuff just makes everything PERFECT!

I'd suggest making the tent icon much smaller, and lowering the description panel to match the opposite column. This should give you enough room to include all 50 slots for generic tent items. On the far left side it would also be nice to have the 5 slots for backpacks and the 10 for weapons / tool belt items represented. These 15 additional slots could be stacked vertically so as to keep the inventory window as narrow as possible (although to conserve space the weapons would need to be represented with a small icon rather than the one used for the primary / secondary slots).

Great design there, well done. I also like the inventory in the game 7.62 High Caliber or the Jagged Alliance 2 mod where back packs, waist pouches, vest and leg holsters all have separate slots on your inventory screen. Hopefully we see this in SA.

Great work thus far, Roy!

I would very much to use/have that sort of inventory option some day.

If not public hives, privates at least.

It looks really neat and simple to use! Though it will be hard for people to get used to, like me. Maybe if the developers do add this in the game you can choose to keep either the old one or the new one? I really do not know but I definitely know I'm sticking to the old one.

I don't mean to raise the dead here but how do I download this mod. I have found no links for it.

Edited by TheSquatch
  • Like 1