Sign in to follow this  
Jordala

Logging out at my camp, gets logged in as new character

Ok, so yesterday i had a nice day of playing dayz got some nice gear to put in my tent etc. I logged out safely at my tent with a friend of mine, but today when i logged on all character was wiped and i started all over on the beach. Is it something with server restart and the database not transfering my character correctly? I know a friend of mine got that recently.

Any help is appreciated :)

Weirdest thing, i tested to kill my new character on the beach and then i respawned with all my stuff and on the right place

Edited by Jordala

I'm running into the same issue. Hitting respawn didn't help me. Sometimes I would spawn as a bleeding guy in the middle of the forest. I've been able to play on a handful of servers that do manage to pull my character data properly when I join them.

So keep trying different servers, maybe you'll get lucky. The server that's worked for me is US 352.

edit: at least respawning helped you! :)

Edited by kichael

Same happened here. Tried 10 diffirent servers, then gave up, and started playing the new one. Went AFK, got disconnected, tryed logging into another server and poof, my stuff was back, at my original location. I hope it's not just temporary. :|

A friend of mine just got oneshotted by a zombie when he was on 11k blood then he ends up as new character on day 3 and passes out.. any ideas?