Shawndo3

Bandits and Survivors

Ok, I like many others in this game have had it up to here because of random bandits rolling and trolling me on this game.. I really do love this game and do not wish to change a lot, just implement a few new ideas and see what you guys think.

1. Give a choice before you start the game if you, as a player have a Choice to be a Friendly survivor, or a Bandit.

Now working off that, if you choose to be a survivor you spawn with more items in your bags, food, equip., ammo, ect. And vice versa for bandits, but you will only spawn with a certain amount of items giving bandits a reason to scaveng on other players. Survivors can and will be given better clothing to help hide them (hense Survivor) and bandits make them more noticeable. Penalize survivors for shooting other survivors, by not just changing there bandit skin, but by making it to where they can't group with other survivors. Or where you can't be helped by anyone such as blood transfusions or bandaged by other players since no one except bandits like eachother and even then who's to say bandits will group with eachother. So basically make it to where survivors with survivors, and bandits with bandits but never a bandit with a survivor, (would you wanna be with a murdering bandit during a zombie apocolypse?)

2. Make it to where if you join up with someone and both of you sulute each other it will make it to where you can't kill eachother from friendly fire, are implement a , group system to avoid this with like a party of no more the what 5 players or so?

3.Spawning- Bandits & Survivors. I do like the fact that the spawn points are random, but just to the beach? Change it to keep players moving around. If you keep everyone spawning on the beach, where do you think the trolling bandits are gonna chill at? Hell the other day I just spawned and started my way to Elecktro, and I came across atleast 6 survivors bodies within that little run, chilling on the beach dead with no zombies in sight.. hmmm... Change it up, all around the map all the way to the NW Airfield.

4. Spawning within maybe a 5 min run from your friend/friends. Instead of spawning at the beach near elecktro only to have to run for almost an hour to get to the NW Airfield. Maybe place a 5 min timer on if you die, you can't spawn on your team mate until you have waited 5 min before spawning on them again. I really can't see how this would hurt or affect the game given 90%of the time I'm online I'm trying to track down my friends only to find out that I have to go to work or something 10 min after I found them. Basically leaves no time to play the game since its almost turned into a cross country run simulator, instead of a Zombie apocolypce.

5. Designate cerain places such as gas stations to find automotive or heli parts, I also can understand big cities as well, but a car tire in a barn or house confuses me.

More ideas to come, plz let me know what you guys think. Just remeber there just ideas.

Oh and all of this was written on my smart phone so don't mind my grammar.

1: I like the start choice but I think the penalty a bit too much. I like it when you have to watch your back with people. DRAMA, makes the game more interesting. I THINK the way it's going is that you can't really trust anyone and people can help or kill on a whim

2: I don't think such a thing is possible to make certain group have friendly fire off but again, I love to see drama with people and if you have friendly fire off there no way could happen. Does your idea include a survivor group and still attack another survivor group? and does it allow survivor/bandit mix?

3: Yes, I totally agree, spawn ALMOST ANYWHERE of the entire map

4: I would LIKE to spawn near a friend at the start but 5 minutes away from them after we moved around a lot doesn't seem right

5: Yes, but I always think maybe they used the barn as a garage or something

I love the realism of the game, ideas like these must be thrown around and debated on to improve on the game.

Seems like good ideas, but I love the uncertainty of human nature. LOVE REALISM

Wouldn't be very realistic without friendly fire, if people want to kill other people, thats their way of surviving.. or being dicks.

I've never killed another player, nor have I been killed. Avoid big cities, head inland ASAP and stay concealed in the forrests if you want to survive. This isn't just a game, its a simulation.

''Spawning within maybe a 5 min run from your friend/friends.'' alright, lets say im playing with a friend. I die. Friend survives. I spawn 5 minutes from friend.

No thanks.

People keep suggesting the same things not understanding that they will remove what makes this game so great, the distrust!

If you spawn away from your friends half the challenge is meeting up with them again. I spent an hour yesterday meeting up with two friends, we eventually saw each other on the rail tracks, they were coming into Cherno to meet me. It was a great moment, then suddenly , they both got sniped by some bastard on a tower. It was heart wrenching! Amazing moments like that are what define DayZ, not "spawn by your mate , oh hai easy as pie"

Friendly fire has to stay on all the time because you never know when someone will betray you. It always keeps you on edge, and you never know when your friend will panic in a Z fight and accidently shoot you.

horrible idea.

horrible idea aswell. this is arma, not l4d or any your casual fps that forgive everything just for the sake of making game simple to jump in and play.

3. "I do like the fact that the spawn points are random, but just to the beach?"

because if it will spawn you random you will entirely get lost.

thats rather simple to find out where are you at at the seaside, especially if you got old dusty chernorussia map that you printed 3 years ago and never really used.

horrible idea aswell

this is not insurgency type of mission and there is no squads.

doesn't really matter

MUST READ hey? Seems like it might have something goo... wait, what's that.....

1. no, just no, even starting to think about this idea of a class and choosing what you start as/with is a horrible idea and not even worth thinking about.

2. remove friendly fire in areas? Are you serious? I think you are trying to put training wheels on this mod. Guns are dangerous, they do not autodetect friendlies and stop working in magical areas.

3. spawning by the coast makes it easy to find your bearings, good luck spawning inland 50-100 kms and being in the middle of nowhwere.

4. spawning on your friends? Yeah, no doubt we'd have bandits spawning on players if this was implemented. Another one of your ideas that seems to want to bring a bit more of those COD training wheels to Day Z.

A more apt title for this thread is DONT READ after I read it.

The whole idea most people love about the game is the way interaction is now. Psychologically speaking, it is the most realistic way that interaction should take place. You have the players who leave others be, the honest players, the players who want to team up, the bandits who shoot on sight, the backstabbers, etc. It all creates the hostile, insecure ambiance and introduces such a very unique element in the game, in which nobody is in teams, but it is no Deathmatch either. It is just people going after their own goal, and helping or killing other whenever they see fit in accordance with their goal and/or moral decisions.

It seems this game is so out of the box, people crave "normal" or "expected" game mechanics, like joining together, clear distinction in classes/teams, friendly fire on/off etc. The problem is, giving in to one of these ideas would mean such a shift in game mechanics, that other ideas should change as well.

Oh and please, never EVER EVER call your thread "must read" just because YOU find it important. Your ideas are more or less represented throughout the whole forum by other people disliking the game design. You SHOULD provide feedback, but not forcing people to read it, because your thread is not at all that special. And even if it would, then please take the effort to write a decent starttopic. It is understandable that you get this result on a smartphone, but you should not write "must read"-content on your smartphone in the first place.

As said before there just ideas, and as for the must read... Hell I'm curious as to why I wrote this lol... Anyways, back to the idea portion. Constructive criticism is nice and all, but there just ideas and there not goin to change the game so just chill. Now as for the first one which was a choice between your characters path.. I am a bandit and have been ever since I was shot in the back ohh so many times, so I became angry and started popping survivors as they came by.. but truth be told I am no bandit and don't really want to be but unfortunately I am stuck as one, I am always looking to play the game as a survivor but can never really go back because my skin will always be like this... I see survivors all the time and wish to join them but am immediately fired soon so I have to return fire and kill them only because I am a bandit I am cursed... Just wish I had a choice and thought it was a good idea.

2.only reason I say group system is because so many times have I been running with my buddies I lose them so fast enspecially in the dark.. make it to where they have a name tag above there head as long as your in that group with them... Friendly fire I can give a crap about just thought I would add it because I accidenly killed my buddy the other day when we stormed some building in elecktro.

3. I still think the random spawn points idea is awesome... The text at the bottom right part of the screen tells you what your spawning next too, and the internet has maps so why fight it.. were all alittle lost anyways Lolz... Still think this is a great idea but hell no one likes it :'(

4. I do like the idea of having a friends list you can use to spawn next to your buddies, but can totally understand how it would affect the gameplay exp. And retract this one from my list..

5. I think I ran out of ideas to discuss lol.. I ran around the map today looking for these parts and was quite pleased at the results.. problem is is once you completed a car or helicopter, and the server crashes? Like it usually does... What then?

Anyways thanks for reading and hopefully this helps... There just IDEAS... Relax plz lol, and see you on the Zombiefield

Don't like being killed by bandits? Don't go near them, don't run around in the open like an idiot, avoid other players unless you've been observing them for some time and know you can trust them.

There is nothing wrong with the current system and bandits absolutely do not need to be put at any kind of disadvantage at all. If you die to bandits lots, it says more about your own playstyle than it does about the game.

No. Bandits and survivors shouldn't even be classifications, they should be constructs created by the players themselves. Don't start messing up the emergent gameplay by imposing artificial roles and classes on the game.

The whole Survivor vs. Bandit thing isn't something that should be built-in to the mod, it should be a possible outcome of emergent gameplay. Bandits are who and what the various server populations and communities decide they are, not their skins or some chosen role decided at the start.

The problem right now is simply that a lot of features are missing right now seeing as this is an ALPHA version, and as a consequence the current emergent outcomes can become distorted, leading people to have an incorrect understanding of what the actual issues are.

The aim, as I understand it, with the design for this mod is for it to be player driven, not game dictated. That means the players create the majority of the constructs within the game, such as factions, communities, roles, etc., based on the basic conditions and situations encountered in the game.

The majority of your suggestions pretty much destroy the gameplay the mod can provide because you have an incorrect understanding of the gameplay and the actual issues.

Oh my friggin God are you kidding me? Where the hell de you people keep coming from? Is there an sign somewhere saying "Hey, if you think surviving should be really easy and also like to let Dev's make a game easier for you, come to DayZ forums!' ?

No man, no no no, all you're ideas are terrible, why, cuzz they are not idea's they are things that you think could have prevented some of the annoying shit you experienced in the game. Well GUES WHAT, annoying shit is part of this game, it IS this game:

"Hey man, here's an endless stream of annoying shit, try to survive as long as possible.Thats about it for the rules, have fun!"

For fucks sake get over yourself and addapt to the game, or leave. Your ownly "ideas' on this forum should be the ones that start with "Bugreport #156" or "Hey, you know what would be cool, if we could light a fire, grab a torch from it and run around with that if we dont have flares." That's what the Dev's want to hear from you, not 17000 identical rants filled with unbalanced ideas to make the game more easier for pussy's like you. There is a main topic for it that most people since long stopped reading, go post your whiny shit there.

Also, to give you a fair reaction after my frustration fed-bluntness:

1. So first you want to classify the player in 2 classes, taking away their option to change their mind later in life and explicitly changing their outfits? (also why would bandits be more noticeable, their job is to sneak up on you). And this is not gonna be a bloodbath, how? It will make any bandit 10 times as vicious.

Don't penalize anybody for shooting anybody, that's penalizing for gamestyle and that's exactly what Rocket does not want. Also it is fucking selfish and retarded of you to say this.

2.That's just...what? Are you high? The problem with trusting other people is like 70% of this game, you nitwit.

3. If you don't spawn at the beach you gonna spend the first 50 minutes figuring out where you are on a map on the internet, unless you can read Russian or whatever is on those roadsigns. (Maybe Rocket should change the language on the roadsigns, just for you?). Also, i have bad news for you, the guys killing newbs on the beach are ....your fellow noob-bretheren. No decent bandit is gonna wast his time and ammo on you in the South unless he is tired of his character. And for fucks sake will you idiots understand that all the corpses at the beach are 99% people who spawned and suicided, to get closer to their buddy's position. Wich brings me to...

4. Yes, their is allot of running. It's not supost to be wasted time between two points it's supost to be fun, hard to navigate, you come across suprises, good and bad. Part of surviving. If you don't like it, stop whining and get yourself a car. Let me know so i can come jack it from you.

Another reason: the long an dangerous road from south to north makes you into the character your playing with that time, you do things differently, and it seperates the boys in the south from the men in the north.

You can't imagine how this would affect the game? You need more imagination: i go to NE airfield. A gang is camping it, 4-5 guys, heavely armed. I have a sniper so its kewl, i take out 2. other 3 go in hiding, returning fire. I pick myself up and change location to get a better shot at them; By the time i'm on their flank the two others have respawned next to their buddy, pick up their own gear. They come rushing towards me like mad, knowing that if they die they can respawn next to their gear. Oh My, it seems like death isn't so bad afterall is it. MAKE BETTER IDEAS.

5. Ohyea, no, totally, a car tire would never be around a farm, barn or houses. People in farms and houses have cars that drive on solidified shit, now i remember. And ofcours the rest of the loot system is super plausible, i mean, when i walk into my neighbours home there is always chemlights and M1911 ammo chilling all over the ground.

So yea, no

Z

Make it to where if you join up with someone and both of you sulute each other it will make it to where you can't kill eachother from friendly fire

Yeah! Military tactics be damned. Nobody has to worry about establishing or maintaining a formation or communicating during battle or thinking intelligently about how firearms work, etc.

Friendly fire incidents are half of what makes battles in this game so intense.

Please just go away, okay? This isn't the game for you.