fasthandz

Better zombie animation [video]

I was looking at some youtube videos of dayz and i came across this 2011 mod for arma 2 which is also a zombie mod. The walking animations for the zeds seem waaay smoother than dayz's. Anyone else think so? Maybe a bit faster than what they are there, but something like this would be better than the current glitchy ultra-fast zig zaggy animation.

I was looking at some youtube videos of dayz and i came across this 2011 mod for arma 2 which is also a zombie mod. The walking animations for the zeds seem waaay smoother than dayz's. Anyone else think so? Maybe a bit faster than what they are there, but something like this would be better than the current glitchy ultra-fast zig zaggy animation.

I'd have to agree. These animations are much nicer and less laggy.

no, just no

I do agree on the other hand that the zombies in dayZ are glitchy and zig-zaggy, but those zombies (^^^^) are too cliche..hands froward walking slow. its too cliche. I like the hall-ass sprint towards you like 28 Days later type deal.

• Like 2

no, just no

I do agree on the other hand that the zombies in dayZ are glitchy and zig-zaggy, but those zombies (^^^^) are too cliche..hands froward walking slow. its too cliche. I like the hall-ass sprint towards you like 28 Days later type deal.

I concur. The zombies in DayZ just need their runspeed reduced slightly.

no, just no

like i said in my original post....''Maybe a bit faster than what they are there''

Edited by fasthandz

Better pathing... that's what causes the zigzagyness. How Zeds work in game is they are hosted server side while they walk around their basic AI routes. When one aggros to a player it is now hosted clientside (which makes me curious that hacks couldn't just "delete" said zombies). This is why they look laggy to other players since the data goes from the client to the server and back down to your client. It is ineffective, but more effective than a fully serverside zombie AI. If that were the case one bullet would be fired in Cherno and all of DayZ would crash.

like i said in my original post....''Maybe a bit faster than what they are there''

Your not getting what he said, hes saying they are to cliche, which they are

Your not getting what he said, hes saying they are to cliche, which they are

I get that part. He also said no because they are slow..... hence me replying with what i originally said....and now I'm replying to you....because you too are misunderstood.

i have to admit i like how there are alot more zombies on that mod on dayz they seem to spread out i want big hordes of zombies roaming through towns ^^ maybe just the big ones but thats just my opinion

Edited by SurvivorMichael