Sign in to follow this  
NintendoJesus

In game bandwidth usage(stuck at loading screen)

Hello,

First time poster. Like many others, I have had some trouble joining games since the latest update. Although I have fixed my own problems with the game, some of my friends have not.

After trying every suggestion in the forums, we still have 2 friends that are getting stuck on loading screen. After playing around with some settings and a few hours worth of trial and error, I have found only one common denominator with the people that are still having problems loading the game.

Their in-game bandwidth, the bandwidth listing under your ping if you mouse over their name on the character list is always nearly triple everyone else's.

Every single person who says "Joe Blow is losing connection," in red in the bottom left hand corner has 1500ish bandwidth. Their ping could be fine. My couple friends that can't seem to join ANY server no matter what both have 1500 bandwidth, even if they have 45 ping. I have a friend who plays on US servers with us that lives in the UK, his bandwidth never goes over 800, but people 50 miles from the server are at 1500.

I don't even know what exactly that bandwidth number means. Is that bandwidth that particular player is using to play? Is it bandwidth the server is using? I have no idea.

However, I thought that maybe someone smarter than me would make use of this information. I know there are a lot of frustrated players out there and I'm hoping that maybe this can help.

Cheers,

N.J.

turn off six launcher after launching the game.