Sign in to follow this  
DatPug87

PK/Bandit Free Servers?

Are there any servers that are either 100% free of bandits or pkers or are designed to kick such players? I only ask because I rather like this game and the idea of running around a zombie filled world trying to survive and working together with my friends. (We get a kick out of sneaking around the cities looting) but what ruins it is that you cant go to any of the rather large cities or god forbid the military base without a dozen people sitting around with hunting rifles ready to gun you down and loot you. I would rather just play on a server that was friendly and the only hazard I had to worry about where the zombies and my own stupid self (Falling, starving, freezing, etc.) Now I know plenty of you will be like "WHY U MAD BRO! DONT BE A NOOB JUST LEARN 2 PLAY AND STOP YOUR QQING PKING IS PART OF THE GAME!" But honestly..we all have our preferences and some people are like me..they just want to wander around a zombie filled world without worrying about some asshat putting a bullet in the backs of their heads and ending their grand (And in my case moronic and suicidal and silly) adventuers.

So again...are there any such friendly/safe servers to play on or is this where an Admin/Dev comes through the wall like the kool-aid-man and tell me "OH NO! We do not allow such servers to be made or run as it spoils our game!"

If those servers did exist, they'd be blacklisted by rocket; as he explicitly states that we are not allowed to tamper with PvP.

Stop playing if you don't want to pvp end of discussion. This game is not for you if you can't handle pvp, it will not be going away, you must kill anyone you see.

Ah what a shame, guess I am stucking being paranoid that I am constantly being watched through a scope by some l33t fag who has nothing better to do then hunt down noobies..... le sigh

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

Ah what a shame, guess I am stucking being paranoid that I am constantly being watched through a scope by some l33t fag who has nothing better to do then hunt down noobies..... le sigh

Yeah that's Day Z...

You didn't come in here expecting left 4 dead did you? Cause I had to deal with one of those guys yesterday.

Didn't end well for him.

Thinks he's better than other people.

Uses "fag" like it's no big deal.

Uh-huh. I think I've got you pegged.

Fucking mouth-breather.

Crawl back in whatever hole you crawled out of.

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

No -.- Its a part of the game, if your going to be butthurt then go back to COD.

Edited by Hendrix27

This is not Blizzard we're talking about.

They're not going to shape the game to make sure everyone is happy.

Some people actually want to make a good game rather than just make money.

Dealwithit.

i would just say t his game is VERY boring without the threat of PVP. i dont like looking for PVP but the only time its fun is when someone comes up on you and you kill them.

ive gotten NVGS as50 e.t.c (never had GPS) had vehicles e.t.c. but yeah...

Some people actually want to make a good game rather than just make money.

Dealwithit.

How does allowing servers to set their own rules affect the quality of the game?

Implying Blizzard listens to its customers.

• Like 1

How does allowing servers to set their own rules affect the quality of the game?

Because what's stopping those people making their pvp free server to abuse for weapons without threat of people killing them, then going to a server where they can kill people with the weapons they obtained care-free. If such a thing were to be added, you'd have to have separate characters for pvp and non-pvp servers to stop it happening... but then some people will whine if they accidentally make a character on a non-pvp server and need to restart, so it shouldn't be done. Live with it.

Implying Blizzard listens to its customers.

They do, but they only hear what they want to hear.

• Like 1

Because what's stopping those people making their pvp free server to abuse for weapons without threat of people killing them, then going to a server where they can kill people with the weapons they obtained care-free. If such a thing were to be added, you'd have to have separate characters for pvp and non-pvp servers to stop it happening... but then some people will whine if they accidentally make a character on a non-pvp server and need to restart, so it shouldn't be done. Live with it.

What an inconsequential and pretty reason.

They do, but they only hear what they want to hear.

True.

Edited by -NGR- Larkinto

Ease down survivors !

The OP is not complaining about the game and he is well within his rights to want to play on a server that promotes player co-operation.

If one day servers are set up this way I for one would give it a go.

• Like 1

Get away from major hot spots. Get some medicine together and then head to some godforsaken part of the map. You can drink from lakes and hunt animals for food.

The game is a zombie apocalypse. Without rules. People chose how they relate to one another free of punishment. We've all seen how that has made an amazing game. Allowing servers to set their own rules changes the game completely and destroys its quality outright.

As far as I know though, server owners can do whatever they want, so long as their server isn't attached to the hive.

PvP is an intrinisic part of the DayZ experience. It is not debatable and it is not going away. Take it out and all you have is a shittier version of Left 4 Dead. Player interaction and conflict define this game. It can't be expressed any more simply than that.

Closed.