Sign in to follow this  
clipnotdone

An idea for zombie respawns.

In the latest patch, zed spawns went through the roof.

And it was awesome.

One of the most common complaints I've seen however, and one I agree to is the respawns.

On the one hand, I feel as though you shouldn't be able to clear out a city or a town, the zeds should be a constant threat.

On the other hand, there is nothing quite like clearing out a building and realising the zeds you killed mere moments ago are now rematerialising right behind you.

Normally, I play it stealthy so its not that much of an issue for me personally, but its an issue none the less, which rewards one play style far greater than another.

I would propose a seemingly simple solution.

Rather than have zeds spawn on their patrol routes, have them spawn just out of a towns reaches and move towards them.

This would generate the illusion of gunfire attracting far off zeds who would then move to investigate the sound, the zeds travel time between their spawns and the players location would allow them a fairly reasonable time to loot and hopefully get out.

Im no expert on how the spawning scripts currently work, and I am aware this might cause some problems with the initial zombie spawns, but I think if worked out properly it could make town raids much more interesting.

Commonly i have seen zombies spawning while going on clear field just 2-3 meters in front of me. Its quite unplesent and silly. In one moment no zombies and then bam, 4 zombies around me..