Sign in to follow this  
jdotjdot7

So I found my first AS50

I traded it to my friend for his M14 AIM :) ... I suck at snipers

It's not hard. Use range-finders to get range, set your zeroing in, aim at target with the mil-dot. Win. One shot one kill, 140,000 damage with one bullet.

I stuck with an M14 AIM for a long time, great all-purpose weapon.

I think we need more mid-magnification recce rifles.I used to use a CZ 550 as my recce rifle when they were common spawns, but have just opted to keep an AR as a primary and a sniper rifle in my backpack.

Include the Mk 12 SPR!

ACS modifications for the win! Day Z needs this! Would help to alleviate some of the balance issues if we just found bone-stock weapons and had to scrounge for the modifications!

Edited by Katana67

Well, im more of a Sneak up behind them and take them out kinda guy, not the hide way up in the tree line and snipe them kinda guy. ALthough i did kill 3 snipers by running up behind them with a crossbow and a revolver... Somehow they all had NVGs Range FInders and GPS... with patrol packs (obviously hacked in....) But it was funny to take on people with CZs M24s and M14s by dancing around them witha revolver :). Dont worry though guys

The M14 I traded for had ~200 shots :D

M14 is a great weapon. My favorite battle rifle. It can reach out and touch something as long as you can acquire the target with the CCO optics. Would I take it over an AS-50? No way, since I'm pretty skilled with a sniper rifle in DayZ/Arma II and have been practicing with them since before DayZ was even out. I'm comfortable with my M107 out to around 1000m and I've hit targets at that range many times. Furthest I've hit was a shade under 1200, and it was a very hard shot. Bullet took almost 3 seconds to hit the target. They were looting. If they weren't, I would of never hit them. The chance for someone to move slightly left or right in those 3 seconds it takes to reach the target is very high, so your shot window is very small. It's almost a "Must be looting" situation.

If I was gearing up and found an M14, I'd be a very happy man. It's a DMR without the scope, and it packs a punch. But with my current kit I have no need for one. I have my weapon for long engagements, and my weapon for close quarters engagements where I need to keep it quiet and also for dropping a zed without alerting a player to my current position.

AS50 isn't worth it, anyway. I'd rather use a CZ550, to be honest. Whenever I've fired it I attract aggro from MILES away.

id take AS50 over CZZ but id take DMR or M24 over it. I usually carry a M24 for sniping and a M14 AIM for close range.

we lost 2 m107's and an AS50 when we got robbed. my response was MEH. i was cheesed about the NVGS though...