Sign in to follow this  
Kazan (DayZ)

Equipment Reset When Entering Pond

Date/Time: May 19th, 00:40 EST

What happened: Equipment reset to default upon entering a pond, everything collected vanished and was not floating in the water.

Where you were: I entered the large pond north of Lopatino and south of Skalka from the south side.

What you were doing: Was attempting to refill my water canteen in the pond.

*Current installed version: 1.5.7

*Server(s) you were on: KOR (v1.5.7) dayzmod.com - Hosted by CNG

*Your system specs: N/A

*Timeline of events before/after error: I was running north along the road to the pond to refill my canteen and upon beginning the swimming animation in the pond, my equipment reset.

Swimming in water usually removes your items, it has been warned before and I believe this a Arma II bug and not a DayZ bug if I am right. (I could be wrong.)

It does not remove them persé, but rather it just causes them to fall out of your inventory. I had this bug occur to me today where I walked across a small bit of water which had a drop that went about a foot down in the terrain which cause you to swim. As soon as I crossed this area, I'd noticed everything had fallen out. After turning around, I found that all my inventory had fallen onto the ground and was unreachable since I was unable to crouch down to pick it up without entering the swimming animation.

It isn't a bug, its a feature. If you lose stamina while in the water/go into the water with low stamina (your dude is huffing and puffing) you drop your pack and weapon.

Yep, it is an engine feature - swimming for too long causes you to fatigue and throw away your gear (ever tried swimming with assault rifle, combat boots, backpack and AT launcher in RL :) ?. Although, it could be considered a bug as well - swimming fatigue is configurable in the mission or unit config, IIRC (although I am not sure if it's tied to general fatigue), and could be made a bit longer before you loose your gear. Post a suggestion possibly.

Yes, I had this happen to me before, but in this instance, the gear all reset. I only had one bandage and I somehow had the starting 3 again and my gear was not to be found. It reset to the default, full markov rounds and starting bandages/flares.