Sign in to follow this  
MR DELICIOUS

Skin Suggestions

After reading that skins are going to be able to be found in the game, I wanted to just make a suggestion.

Can we please not just have a gradient of Ash Ketchum survivor to Ken Goes to War Action Man looking skins. Sure, all the people with names like "hawk", "shadow" and "ghost" will want to look like Solid Snake, but I'd much prefer to wear a pair of short jorts with a Mickey mouse tee riding up to expose my shining pot belly.

Myself and the rest of the Mr's would really get down in some dresses and kids clothing, maybe even a backless dress if it wasn't too windy and the mood is right.

Also, I don't want to make the skins a joke, but I think it's much more unsettling if you have Buffalo Bill as his family hunting you instead of the protagonist from Time Crisis.

Add in cannibalism and the ability to butcher and cook human flesh and this will be twice the horror game and four times the barbecue.

I want every skin from the base game available as skins in the mod. Or at the very least, the chernarussian ones. Especially civilian skins. I personally want to get the metalhead skin (denim jacket, jeans, band shirt, long hair).

snake FTW!! lol imagine finding someone who looks just like snake crawling around a city, would be epic!

After reading that skins are going to be able to be found in the game' date=' I wanted to just make a suggestion.

Can we please not just have a gradient of Ash Ketchum survivor to Ken Goes to War Action Man looking skins. Sure, all the people with names like "hawk", "shadow" and "ghost" will want to look like Solid Snake, but I'd much prefer to wear a pair of short jorts with a Mickey mouse tee riding up to expose my shining pot belly.

Myself and the rest of the Mr's would really get down in some dresses and kids clothing, maybe even a backless dress if it wasn't too windy and the mood is right.

Also, I don't want to make the skins a joke, but I think it's much more unsettling if you have Buffalo Bill as his family hunting you instead of the protagonist from Time Crisis.

Add in cannibalism and the ability to butcher and cook human flesh and this will be twice the horror game and four times the barbecue.

[/quote']

Haha, sounds like you should try out the Dead Rising series, if you haven't already. It's all about whacking zombies in all sorts of silly costumes.

dead_rising_2_otr_enn_0.jpg

dr2_day_02_bmp_jpgcopy_thumb.jpg

Lab coat à là mad scientist...

Bunny suit

Starbucks coffee shop (there would be so many....)

In relative seriousness, I'm sure that memory is saved by using fewer skins... But it's unsettling and downright confusing when around more than one or two other players, especially if name tags are turned off!

Sometimes it looks like clone wars.

L

The number of skins loaded is going to be a client side bottleneck, not server side. And most of the skins are already used for zombies. So it's not worth worrying about, performance wise.

Haha that would actually be really fun if I'm scavenging around Cherno and I see someone walking with the weirdest skin ever. I can't wait to see what Rocket is planning to do with this.

What's funny is this guy is trolling because such an idea would ruin the image of the mod yet he doesn't get infracted for it but I get infracted for being trolled.

No, stop these "silly suggestions", perhaps even make a seperate sub-forum for them.

I'm not trolling. This would in no way ruin the image of the mod. I don't want every single person rocking a Buffalo Bill getup, I'd like it to be really, really rare. It's called "personality" and it would spice the entire thing up. At the moment it's a bit vanilla on the personality front. I'm sure that 95% of people would like to look like G.I. Joe, but I'd prefer to get my Mad Max on.

Insanity is all part of the zombie apocalypse show bag. I'd love to cannibalise people in an amusement park and then hunt down any survivors in an eighteen wheeler while playing Shania Twain through speakers made of human skin.

I think you're going to be pretty much limited to the skins that already exist in the game. I wouldn't expect more than that. There are a wide range of civilian skins though, with suits, with jeans, all kinds of things. There are also quite a few rough looking guerilla sorts as well as the actual military BDUs.

I would like to see all of the civilian skins scattered around, with the normal villagers being more common, the hunters being less common.

The soldier models could be available from the current military spawns, but a lot rarer than the other skins. The general skin would be super rare.

I would like to see some hats, need moar hats.

you guys realize only OA models can be used, right? or reskinned versions of those

I love the screenshots of the new civie skins. Regular clothing gives this "normal person trying to make it" feel. You're tactically at a disadvantage because you stick out like a sore thumb in the woods. It gives another goal in trying to find some camouflage clothing. Of course army uniforms and the like should be rare, in my opinion as rare as finding a GPS or NVG's.