BIttermace

Drop your bag ?

Ok this is both a gameplay suggestion and question in 1

does anybody know if there is a time limit/ distance for if you was to drop your backpack on the floor ?

Im wondering this because it would lead to a nice game dynamic if there was no time frame.

You could descreetly role into town with teammates and leave your backpacks on the hill with the sniper while you go loot town for specific items rather than just grabbing everything you can and you would rely on each other to get back to your gear,.

not only that but in a simulation type game thats what a soldier would do. drop all there essential survival gear and only carry there weapons into a firefight.

just an idea.,

a limit distance? I'm pretty sure it stays there until it decays or the server somehow restarts or something. Honestly i don't have any clue how the item system in this game actually works, but either way. If you wanna stay surer that when you get out of cherno with l33t loot and your bag isn't in the bottom of the sea because of teleportation-ness this game seems to like to do, then actually give your stuff to the sniper and keep the bag.

Ok this is both a gameplay suggestion and question in 1

does anybody know if there is a time limit/ distance for if you was to drop your backpack on the floor ?

Im wondering this because it would lead to a nice game dynamic if there was no time frame.

You could descreetly role into town with teammates and leave your backpacks on the hill with the sniper while you go loot town for specific items rather than just grabbing everything you can and you would rely on each other to get back to your gear,.

not only that but in a simulation type game thats what a soldier would do. drop all there essential survival gear and only carry there weapons into a firefight.

just an idea.,

Really, that's what a Soldier would do, leave all their gear behind? Tell me all about how you came to that conclusion? I've been in the Military for near 8 years and I never just "left" my gear thinking that the situation was going to go the way I expected it...we carry everything because you never know what you might need and when you'll need it.

Really, that's what a Soldier would do, leave all their gear behind? Tell me all about how you came to that conclusion? I've been in the Military for near 8 years and I never just "left" my gear thinking that the situation was going to go the way I expected it...we carry everything because you never know what you might need and when you'll need it.

Don't get so testy friend, as you know every unit down to platton size does things differently. When I was in the Army, we left our rucks and equipment in the vehicles whenever we dismounted to do....well anything. As to this post, I think this is less of a suggestion and more a gameplay philosophy. As long as the sniper or overwatch can see the bags, they shouldn't despawn. I'd try it out with a coyote patrol pack filled with empty tin cans and such, just to test it.

Don't get so testy friend, as you know every unit down to platton size does things differently. When I was in the Army, we left our rucks and equipment in the vehicles whenever we dismounted to do....well anything. As to this post, I think this is less of a suggestion and more a gameplay philosophy. As long as the sniper or overwatch can see the bags, they shouldn't despawn. I'd try it out with a coyote patrol pack filled with empty tin cans and such, just to test it.

they may do things differently at platoon level (which they shouldn't be in the first place that's why CO's have SOP's) but that don't make it right.....that sucks if your vehicle gets hit and you need that equipment...better to have and not need then to need and not have

• Like 1

Your backpack stays as long on the floor as other items. Without having any exact number or info, I'd guess it gets cleaned up within the same time as a player body does, so about 15 minutes. What I have been able to do is retrieve my backpack several minutes after loosing it by swimming, so I'm pretty sure it behaves like any object put to the ground.