Survivor-Kyle

Want to make a difference in DayZ?

Join the FreeLoaders!

I am organizing a team of players who are interested in making a positive impact in the Wasteland of DayZ. We will be working very closely with the RMG and Dr. Wasteland medical teams. We will also (hopefully) have strong ties to the Freeside Trading Co.

The idea here is to reduce medic response times by removing the need for long/dangerous trips to the coast. Meanwhile we will be helping new players out by arming them with high-end wares that are found more commonly in the North.

What does a FreeLoader do?

Our mission is to move medical supplies inland from the coasts and weapons/ammo South to new players. Distribution will be handled by 3rd parties (unless you want to hand stuff out too, that's fine with me).

How will it work?

We will work in teams and use a series of tents to hand off gear. Basically, you pick a part of the map that you like to play and I'll work out the hand-off/exchange with other team members.

Sounds like a lot of work...

Not really. Members will stock transfer points as they pass them. If you are heading North anyway, why not run a load of meds while you are at it?

What does it pay?

Officially, nothing but the warm fuzzy feeling that you get when you help other people out. That said, in the process of running gear we'll make lots of friends. Plus, you get first stab at the stuff (since you will be among the first people who see it). Gratitude and friends can be worth quite a bit out there.

Won't this just put weapons in the hands of new players bandits, and make the coast a blood bath again?

Maybe. We won't know until we try :)

• Like 9

Hey ,how does one join the free loaders? Seems interesting. In-game name:Delicious Camel Steam ID: Delicious_Camel

Hey ,how does one join the free loaders? Seems interesting. In-game name:Delicious Camel Steam ID: Delicious_Camel

Shoot me a PM and/or reply in this thread.

We will probably get a STEAM (or other 3rd party group) going once we get staffed up.

Once I get a better understanding of the map I will happily help run some medical supplies and stuff.

As a bandit I may take advantage of this. As fair advice, watch your ass.

As to be expected, and I wouldn't want it any other way ;)

But, for what it's worth, having access/knowledge to a constant stream of ammo and meds could be worth more that a few easy kills.

Edited by Survivor-Kyle

The medical part sounds interessting to me, but i really think that there are enough high-tier weapons in the hands of idiots in the south right now^^

I'd love to join or atleast get a better hang of the game with your help my steam id is kaos0704

skype is euphoric.night

Edited by Othra

I’m interested in running supplies north… for a price of course. I’ll be more than willing to trade my surplus of medical supplies for guns/ammo and other items. Steam is Dirtdiver84.

Hey, when I get off work I'd love to join. I'll try to find you when the steam group is up!

Hey Survivor. Good luck with this man.

So the difference between this and the other two medical teams is that you're not out just to help the wounded, but to help new players arm themselves and get supplied? Sounds like a cool theory, hope you get it working ;)

i would like to involve myself in your medic group it sounds like a good time and id enjoy healing suvivors

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds..

Minor Update:

The concept is not dead, I've just been tied up with constant trips to the hospital (IRL), where my twins are. They were a bit too eager to meet me and came a few weeks early. They are well, but they get priority on my free time :)

I'll try to get the steam group up and running in the next day or so, definitely by the weekend. Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Hey, I would gladly work as a gaurd for one of your caravans, but I don't feel i'm in the position to help strangers. I say again, I would gladly work as a gaurd, but may I ask for some spare .44 mags or ammo for my Lee Enfield, if you wish for a helping hand.

It's short sighted and the nature of bandit players will make it collapse on itself. In the end it'll just become another small bandit pack that is hunting survivors. In a cat/mouse game, the mouse always gets the first move.

• Like 1

It's short sighted and the nature of bandit players will make it collapse on itself. In the end it'll just become another small bandit pack that is hunting survivors. In a cat/mouse game, the mouse always gets the first move.

It doesn't matter if one mouse gets away, the cat knows that even more are just around the corner. Bandit groups don't collapse on themselves for the simple fact that there's always more survivors to kill. As long as there's survivors to kill and loot, there will continue to be bandits.

It doesn't matter if one mouse gets away, the cat knows that even more are just around the corner. Bandit groups don't collapse on themselves for the simple fact that there's always more survivors to kill. As long as there's survivors to kill and loot, there will continue to be bandits.

But their plan is to completely disrupt our network and then replace it with their own, bandits only, network. Bandits trusting bandits to bring them morphine because they broke their leg and don't want to lose their GPS and NVG? I'd love to see that exchange.

Plus it's a lot of work--to bait a medic, set an ambush, coordinate everyone to be in place and out of site, then spring the trap-- to get what, a blood bag, 1 morphine injector, and a coyote patrol pack? The reward on it is too small to be sustainable. Beyond griefing for the lulz, there is no point.