Sign in to follow this  
sleekcrush

3rd person mode disabled?

I just started to play DayZ and I joined a regular server that does permit 3rd person mode. The key binding was set to Num lock and enter, and since i'm using a laptop, i changed it to a different key. No matter which key I assign to it, nothing changes, and I am still stuck in 3rd person. Any tips?

EDIT: SOLVED.

Edited by sleekcrush

try reassigning it to another key and see if that works. or try another server and see if that works

Did you mean that you're still stuck in 1st person? Although normally speaking, regular difficulty allows 3rd person view, it's not always enabled. It's at the host's discretion.

Make sure in your bindings that the key isn't clashing with something else. In the menu, it will show as red if it's clashing, if so then delete whatever it's clashing with. In Arma almost every key has a binding so it can be tricky.

I got it figured out, something was wrong with my controls, didn't see something. It's fixed. Thanks for the help.

Same happened to me today. I disconnected and connected again and it worked :\

well could you help me by telling me what you did as i have the same problem .

cheers

also this is arma single player as well

edit: i have mapped the numerical enter to the right alt button and all is fine.

the num enter was acting like regular enter with num lock o or off.

hope this helps somebody.

Edited by fishgutt