mkrrr

This game won't be popular at release

There are now 620,000+ unique players.

Your naysaying is moot. Move on with your friends.

Yeh i would say to another mmo or game that give him tons of quests and things to do he is playing the wrong game.

@OP im sorry but this game is obviously not for you and your friends go back to WoW/COD or one of those games alot to do alot less hardcore and hold your hand also:)

Im playing sinds first week in may and almost every day becouse its pure and hardcore and fun if you know how.

I have no doubt that many of the players who played the game some 2 months ago or so may have stopped playing having nothing more to do. But the number of new players pouring in seems to be quite high, so that should offset things nicely.

It probably depends on how much new content / interesting new features there will be on release... That will define the popularity (i.e. how much of the existing playerbase will migrate, in addition to the new players).

Personally, I will probably wait for a while after the release to get some proper info on what the standalone release will be like, then make my decision based on that. (Well knowing that initial hype might differ from the reality - specifically in a sandbox that constantly evolves with its playerbase, as has happened with the current mod.)

everytime i get shot or ate or assmunched by a zombie. i get a BUZZ. games don't do that very much these days. buzz = good

Keep telling yourself that. Your post was vague and i was aggroed by the displayed retardation, whether genuine retardation from your side or miss-communication from both sides, it matters little at this point because there's no way to decide what is what or who thinks what about what who did because of what. I stated why I was startled--I never seize to be surprised by the levels of retardation that exists both IRL and on the internet--and my reaction was logical, at worst premature and uncontrolled (not surprising due to my sleep deprivation).

I still think you are retarded, though.

Well, he quoted someone talking about current the current player count, then asked where to find "these statistics," so I find that pretty clear. I don't know what part seems vague to you.

Which is why Rocket has continually said he wants to work on the end game content. You didn't honestly think it was going to be released like this did you?

"endgame" is hacket, matches, knife and water bottle. Sometimes i "finish" DayZ in 4 mins. - sometimes 4 hours.

:P

The game is acquiring about 10,000 new players per day. We aren't even in the middle of testing, and new things are being added all the time. Obvious troll is obvious. Rocket has specifically talked about the late game, and has what seems to be a fairly good plan for it. You can't know for crap what the game is going to look like on release.