mkrrr

This game won't be popular at release

At the moment the number of people playing this mod is decreasing. 2 months ago at 5 o'clock in the morning i COULDN'T find a single slot at nearly any server to play. Now there are TONS of servers with 20+ slots at prime time. Yes, the number of servers increased, but the number of players decreased.

The only reason is - it's boring. It's fun to play when you just start to play. It's fun to explore, to avoid dangerous (when you start to play you think they are really dangerous, but in fact they are as dangerous as my 4 months old brother), its find to search for weapons and loot and so on.

But then all that's gone You know nearly every single aspect of this game perfectly. Where to find the loot, the players, food etc. You have nearly nothing to do after you have all the top staff (and after several weeks of playing you can find all the top gear in just no time). It's even fun to repair some vehicles and drive them. But then it becomes boring too.

I asked four of my friend who started to play with me several months ago why they stopped playing. The only answer is - booring. And it is really boring to play when you know the mod perfectly and have all the needed staff. And i agree with them. There is no content in the game for such people.

You can say - " Oh, it's a sandbox, you can do what eve you want, you can write your own story" Maybe. But in fact the only things you can do there are collecting loot and killing players. Nothing more. (oh yeah you can also repair a car which is "so much fan")

That's why i think it won't be popular. It's fan to play at the beginning, then it's not. People come - and people quit. Ones that are not bored now - will be bored later.

just my thoughts guys. I don't say this game is bad or somewhat. Just my thoughts. You can discuss it, or just leave the thread. Whatever.

And yes. English is not MY FIRST LANGUAGE. I know it SUCKS. Believe me, it's not your life mission to prove me that.

This thread is "booring" :P

Seriously though, it's just getting started, it will be what we make it.

Quit playing now and come back when it's finished.. you can be sure the finished product will be a lot bigger, have plenty of stuff to do,

and it will be a completely different game from what we're playing now.

Anyway, you'll see. ;)

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 1

But... There is currently 19,000 players. When I first started playing a month ago it was a big deal when there was 11,000 people on.

Arma II is one of the top selling games because of Dayz, it is true it can be boring, but i believe the money being injected into the funding of dayz will include more late game elements such as rocket announcing that 'We feel that late game players have nothing left to do but kill other players, so we are developing more late game activity such as the digging underground and making your base underground feature which will be avalible in septemer'

'

6/10 post, good thought on this troll.

I enjoyed the part when you said English wasn't your 1st language, that's always a killer.

More and more people are noticing the game, its a fact, about a week ago the total unique players was about 430k, now its up to 600k+

How many people keep playing after purchase is another question entirely, but I'd imagine if you manage to get through the rigorous installation process that players would stick with the game, patience is key here don't expect a COD Black Ops zombie styles, your going to fail.

This game rewards skill, and not quick scopers

Edited by Mr Zee

There are now 620,000+ unique players.

Your naysaying is moot. Move on with your friends.

You can say - " Oh, it's a sandbox, you can do what eve you want, you can write your own story" Maybe. But in fact the only things you can do there are collecting loot and killing players. Nothing more. (oh yeah you can also repair a car which is "so much fan")

When you simplify a game to its base parts of course it sounds boring. But the game is more than the sum of its parts, especially when you consider there are other people thrown in the mix. The fun is increased exponentially when you play with multiple people and make your own objectives. I'm not saying you aren't legitimately bored or that your friends weren't, but to quote a great man:

xzIaB.jpg

• Like 5

I know everyone is sick of hearing "alpha," but too many judgement are occurring before the game has even become feature rich. That said, it is entirely believable that someone would find it unplayable, but there is no room for doom-saying at this stage. There really isn't.

Your facts are based on anecdotal evidence and are wrong, the number of people playing keeps increasing. Check the front page of the Day Z homepage. Last week all those numbers were lower.

Second, your statement "This game wont be popular at release" is a fallacy as you have no clue what this game will even look like when its done. Even if Rocket has sent you some sort of email detailing all his plans, which I doubt, its an alpha and new issues and ideas are always being generated and put into practice by the Devs.

My advice to you: Check your facts, and your logic before you post stuff man.

• Like 1

At the moment the number of people playing this mod is decreasing.

It's really generous of you to start your post with the ridiculously asinine bullshit statement that is proven demonstrably false just by a quick glance at the front page stats that are available on this very website. It helps those of us who weren't sure about the rest of your textwall kind of get a sense of where you're coming from.

"Is this guy talking about something that actually exists or occurs in reality, or is he a ridiculous choad that's just pulling a bunch of random bullshit statements out of his ass with no basis in reality?"

That's the question I ask myself each time I click on a new thread, and you were nice enough to answer it clearly in the first sentence.

No surprise though every post I've read from you has been a pile of steaming shit.

Player turnover is probably very high though.

Once the excitement and new car smell is gone you'll start to see REAL numbers.

Err, fact: the number of players is increasing. You know what facts are right?

Get back under your bridge.

the number of players is increasing

how do you know that?

OP is right. This game wont be popular at release. Because it is popular right now!! At release it will be FAMOUS!!! :D

Don't care if it's popular, I care if it's good... and if Day Z manages to stick to its roots. Popularity is second to a decent end product.

• Like 1

This thread is the site of a successful troll raid.

Everyone above this post are its victims.

Poor souls.

This thread is the site of a successful troll raid.

Everyone above this post are its victims.

Poor souls.

Since you posted, are you not a victim? Wait.... I'm a victim too, shit... well played!

Creating hype all over the internet will surely bring flocks of players. Happens often enough and that's what happening with DayZ.

The numbers of players mean nothing. Eventually, when the mod/game matures, you may safely assume the success of the title.