Sign in to follow this  
Vakaria

Tents hate me! Why?

Hi there,

Like the Title says, Tents hate me, they always say "Flat area with no objects blabla"....

I was in the middle of nowhere and it was flat, so what iam doing wrong? I dont get it :/

Any suggestions or are the Tents just Buggy?

Thanks 4 your Time.

PS: cant find anything on the forums so iam asking :)

Tents are full of love and kindness they don't hate you:)

Anyway keep your inventory open and spam "place tent" over and over and you should get it to set down... evetually.

• Like 1

Tents are full of love and kindness they don't hate you:)

Anyway keep your inventory open and spam "place tent" over and over and you should get it to set down... evetually.

Thank you very much Sir, i will talk to my tent right now! :D

Been having the same problem..

Tent placement:

As of now the tent placement seems to be very bugged. Though, the following steps seem to fix most of these problems:

Crouch and enter first person view, look at the ground ahead of you, press G to open your gear and try to place the tent. It wont work the first time, so move back a little step using your S key and try again while your gear window is still open. Try this like 5-10 times, works!

It is possible to place tents very close to trees, even under them, also, the area doesn't have to be perfectly flat

Try this, works every time. Go into first person view. Choose the pitch tent option. It'll probably say "flat area... blah blah blah" keep the menu open, move back slightly, rinse and repeat until it pitches. Enjoy.

Don't take it personally, tents hate everyone.

• Like 1

Finally i placed my Tent, i placed it IN THE MIDDLE OF A f***** Tree :D So i cant get in, omg! First they hate me now they troll me :P I think i give it up till they are fixed by Rocket :D

ive had bad experiences with tents...

ive lost 3 nightvision goggles and 1 rangefinder because every tent ive put up hasnt survived a server restart(yes i do click save tent)

0/3 tents ive tried to use have worked as theyre intended, im not going to be putting stuff in them again until i witness they survive server restarts...

Well it seems i am unable to place tents because i am unable to move with my inventory out, seems i am locked out from moving while i have the gear menu up, anyone got any suggestions how to fix this?

If you are serious about hiding your tent in a tree, be prepared to try several dozen times. Imagine you are trying to find the exact pixel to place it on....sucks but patience is rewarded.

i lost my tent once, finally could place it somewhere as a test spot but it wasn't a good place... decided to pick it up again and i didn't get the option to 'take tent' or something like it...

Finally i placed my Tent, i placed it IN THE MIDDLE OF A f***** Tree :D So i cant get in, omg! First they hate me now they troll me :P I think i give it up till they are fixed by Rocket :D

you dont get in, just stand next to it and use mouse wheel to access the gear menu of what ever is inside

(the area may be flat and free from actual trees but it also counts some of those random tall grass things you squash down when crawling on them so it really is a pain in the ass at times)

i lost my tent once, finally could place it somewhere as a test spot but it wasn't a good place... decided to pick it up again and i didn't get the option to 'take tent' or something like it...

should be on the scroll wheel menu, 'pack up old camping tent' or words to that effect

should be on the scroll wheel menu, 'pack up old camping tent' or words to that effect

Yeah, and that didn't come up when I was scrolling... luckily i didn't put anything in the tent yet

just wondering if you died between setting it up and breaking it down? doesnt sound like you did from your description so sounds like it just bugged

If the tree model is covering up too much of a tent, you will not be able to interact with it (even though you can see parts of it sticking out). I had one tent deep in a tree that I was able to use for awhile but when I packed up camp to move further north it dropped into it's bag below the tree and I could not pick up the tent bag. Bye bye tent.

It happens, it probably always will. Tents seem to be a bit of a hackery applied to the mod and while it works, it doesnt work all that well. Sooner or later they will get some of these issues ironed out but right now it's a pretty low priority in the grand scheme of things.