Sign in to follow this  
dandaman09

stuck at loading screen

I get into a server and it goes to a loading screen thats black, nothing happens. HELP! my skype name is dan matthews, please help me im desperate for some DAYZ!

then i'm not the only one with this problem. looked around and found other people that have the same problem. Server problem maybe?

This is unbelievably frustrating. I have had this problem all morning after doing the six updater, a manual installation, and then giving the six updater another shot. I downloaded Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA last night at 300 kbps for the sole purpose of playing DayZ, so this kills me.

i managed to get in to a server. But there is nothing there. no buildings nothing just bare land.

what is going on? anyone else getting the same problem?

I just solved this problem :) !

Let me show you how it works:

First of all i deleted ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA through steam. Then i deleted manually the two ArmA folders in the steamapps folder.

After that i FIRST downloaded Arma 2, ran it ,joined a (normal) game and so i updatet BattlEye (dont forget to install it through steam before!)

Then i downloaded Arma 2 OA (and did the same things like above, you need also to install BattlEye manually for arma 2 oa just make a folder called "BattlEye" under SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion. You need to extract the newest Battleyepatch in there : http://www.battleye.com/download.html (its in the middle of the screen! )

After that i installed the beta patch, which you can download from the green field form http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

You need to make a folder in steamapps\arma2 and in steamapps\arma2oa named @DayZ and there you need to make another folder called Addons! In there you just extract the following files:

http://www.armafiles.info/dayz/ (you need to choose a mirror first ;) )

Now you go to steamapps/arma2oa where you can find a "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.exe". You need to rightclick it and then insert the follwoing under properties "-mod=@dayz" (without "")

Now it does work for me but i need to run it through the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.exe" (not with steam!)

Hope it helped :) !

PS: Another Tipp: When you have for example beta-patch pack 94997. Just make a filter in the serverbrowser where you add "94997" @ Host ;D ! When you try to join a server with another betapack you will stuck a "Wait for Host" !

Good luck, Have Fun ! ;)

no you dont need to uninstall the game or annything, just redownload dayz with dayzcommander or the latest manual download or use dayzcommander and update it. sixlauncher's update isnt working (not sure if update but i pressed update i remember).