Pallidum

To Evan from PC Gamer

I tend to write tongue-in-cheek, with humor as one of the main intents. I try to be entertaining, yet some people seem to take me way too seriously. A word of advice; never take me seriously. Except, of course, when you should. Then do take me seriously.

Seriously,

Entertainment-Marshal Palli 'SRSBZNZ' Treponema

In all honesty' date=' purposefully killing streamers is an incredibly egoistic and douchey thing to do. But I guess some people just can't bear how inconsequential their lives are. I really hope there is some honesty in your remorse, because you should definitely feel remorseful.

[/quote']

If you're silly enough to stream your position live in a mod like this, you should expect nothing different. It's an easy target for food, weapons and water. Reconsider streaming, if dying is a consequence you cannot handle.

Over the course of four hours, he died (IIRC) six times. That's well over average life expectancy in chernarus.

To be fair, one of the things Evan did wrong was not streaming. I quite enjoy watching the streams and the fact that streamers tend to attract other survivors and bandits tend to make the streams a lot more exciting than a lone survivor hiking through the woods. Instead, you get white-knighters that group up with the streamer, instantly creating cooperative groups of survivors. You then get bandits hunting these groups, creating conflict and action.

As long as the streamer is aware of this, and knows that they WILL get stream sniped, and they WILL die, this only serves to make for a good show. There will be action, drama and heroism, rather than an hour of walking through the woods or searching barns for cans of beans.

What Evan did wrong was to be too predictable. He stayed on the beaches, spent too much time looting random buildings for low-level loot, and stayed too much in the open, on roads or on railroad tracks. This let our operatives plan our movements ahead, and sprint towards good locations for ambushes.

He also made the mistake of showing us a few times what server he picked. That allowed our operatives to quickly join the same serves to set up ambushes. When he did not show us what server he picked, the lobby screens still gave us a lot of information - for example at one point, he picked a server with 30 people in the lobby. A quick search through the server list gave us about ten different possibilities. Seeing as we had half a dozen operatives standing by on Xbox Live, we were able to very quickly locate his server.

Other times, we knew he was on 50-man servers, so all we had to do was to search through the US 50-man servers, disregrading all other servers.

The bottom line though, was that Evan did many of the rookie mistakes that a lot of new DayZ players make - he was spending far too much time thinking of where to go next, or what to loot, than thinking of his own survival. At very few points, he were taking proper precautions, namely that of cover and concealment.

Still, I guess that if he'd done that, crawling prone through dark forests, carefully watching out for his own survival, the stream would've been a lot more boring. And we really can't have that, now can we?

Explainatory,

Survival-Marshal Palli 'Hidingbehindtrees' Treponema

Ambushes are fun, and gives more excitment to the game. Streamsniping though, is not. Tracking a streamer just to kill him is all good and such, and does give that drama to the streamers channel. But to use the stream to find the location is basically cheating and to some extent ruining the experience. He had no real way to defend himself and you could just pick targets. Making it (from the perspective of someone who watched it only) not look intense or exciting, just stupid.

This is a good point. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I would like to offer a counterpoint though.

While Operative Tinkeng certainly was a very bad boy who should feel bad, he did make an attempt of taking out Evan's companions first, so as to prolong his misguided entertainment. You'll have to excuse him as this is the first fun he's had in months in his lonely and hollow life, being a frequent target of bullies at school due to him being highly obese and perpetually unloved.

Furthermore, while it is true that it is very difficult to defend against an ambush, especially one perpetrated by a 12 year old stream sniper, it is also true that Evan did have certain means of defending himself, or - at the very least - prevent himself from being as obvious a target. For example, the during the occasion where operative Tinkeng and operative Malcore had Evan pinned down at the school building in Elektro, what Evan and his compatriots did right was to stay indoors, safely in cover, while trying to come up with a plan. What he later did wrong was to climb up on top of the top roof of the schoolbuilding, giving operative Tinkeng a perfect shot.

When Evan then regained conciousness, he did not attempt to seek safe cover from operative Tinkeng, despite having witnessed one of his unfortunate guardians taking a 7.62mm through his left eyesocket. Instead, he seemed intent on looting the still warm corpse of his late companion, only to stand up a few seconds later, giving operative Tinkeng another opportunity to further deprave his dark and shallow soul.

What Evan and his compatriots SHOULD have done was, when the poor compatriot Robin was deftly executed at the beginning of the battle, to attempt to locate the nefarious pair, operative Tinkeng and operative Malcore, flank the young rascal duo, and eliminate their insidious precense from the fertile lands of southern Chernarus.

In fact, some of his compatriots did just that. It may gladden some of the readers to know that operative Tinkeng was deprieved of his life not only once but twice by the stalwart defenders of Evan, causing operative Tinkeng to lose not only many precious items needed for his long term survival, but also a much loved and tenderly cared for Designated Marksman Rifle in the process.

I too suffered the indignation of being lethally indisposed by not only once, not twice but thrice by the virtuous paladins of our hero Evan. I'm sure this will cause many of the readers to giggle with glee, and to them I can only say, you're welcome.

Decapitated,

Dead-Marshal Palli 'Nefarious' Treponema

PS: I would like to report that operative Tinkeng has indeed been grounded by his mommy. He will not be allowed to use XBox Live for a full month. I hope he's learned his lesson, just as I have.

My post was solely about the ambush when they were coming over the hill, as they stood around on the hill getting picked off. I dont know about other people, but I'm having a hard time imagining people sitting by their computers going "Oh my god they are getting shot and they cant even see who is doing it, I'm buying!" Truthfully, getting killed without seeing your opponent can be one of the most frustrating things in a game. And had you (or Tinkeng) been interested in creating a exciting stream for the viewers, I think you'd chosen another approach.

Your forum style though, is hilarious.

Seriously,

Me.

My post was solely about the ambush when they were coming over the hill' date=' as they stood around on the hill getting picked off. I dont know about other people, but I'm having a hard time imagining people sitting by their computers going "Oh my god they are getting shot and they cant even see who is doing it, I'm buying!" Truthfully, getting killed without seeing your opponent can be one of the most frustrating things in a game. And had you (or Tinkeng) been interested in creating a exciting stream for the viewers, I think you'd chosen another approach.

Your forum style though, is hilarious.

Seriously,

Me.

[/quote']

Ah, my mistake. I sincerely apologize for my oversight.

For that ambush, operative Tinkeng was at Dobryy hill NNE of the Elektrozavodsk powerplant, cowardly hiding behind a solid specimen of the coniferous kind.

As the hero of our story was hanging out with his group at the top of the hill just northeast of the town proper, gloriously silhouetting himself against the late autumn sky of Chernarus, operative Tinkeng was able to open fire with a horrifying laughter escaping his acne stained lips.

One, two, many of our hero Evan's apprentices fell to the young demon's hideously accurate fire, and it seems a third party, not affiliated with neither Sir Evan, nor the despicable Pandemic Legion, also opened fire on our courageous heroes.

Sadly, our hero initially failed to properly identify the direction of the incoming fire, believing it to come from the town, rather than from the hill. Despite this, he bravely stood his ground and did not run for cover like a lesser man would have. Instead, our guardian of light, in an act of valor, threw a grenade to the ground, summoning divine strength in the form of a green cloud of smoke.

As I myself was on full approach to the battle, half a kilometer due west of the powerplant, I saw the a beautiful apparition from the heavens, clad in the swirling tendrils of the green smoke. I immediately fell down to my knees, lifting up my rifle as to better gaze at it through my scope. Sadly, I was unable to properly appreciate the splendor as that's when operator Tinkeng so mercilessly exploded Our Glorious Lord Evan's brains.

It can be said that a mere mortal man would have fled down the hill to the east, which would have shielded him from fire both from the Dobryy mountain and from Elektro town, and would have allowed him to flank and assault both. But our valorous templar of virtue is no mere mortal. Instead, he faced the incoming steel like a beacon of light, only to let his corporeal remains fall as the Gods claimed him to be one of their Chosen Warriors.

Preachingly,

Proclamation-Marshal Palli 'Pontificious' Treponema

When I watch stream, I want to see something authentic and unpredictable, an accurate representation of the gameplay. Instead, I often get shallow farce, caused by few individuals who deem themselves so important, they can freely interfere with viewing pleasure of thousands. You are really fooling yourself, if you think you are in any way improving the content.

What you're doing is an equivalent of a drunk football fan jumping into a live broadcast or heckler shouting obscenities at a stand up comedian. In other words, fucking annoying.

When I watch stream' date=' I want to see something authentic and unpredictable, an accurate representation of the gameplay. Instead, I often get shallow farce, caused by few individuals who deem themselves so important, they can freely interfere with viewing pleasure of thousands. You are really fooling yourself, if you think you are in any way improving the content.

What you're doing is an equivalent of a drunk football fan jumping into a live broadcast or heckler shouting obscenities at a stand up comedian. In other words, fucking annoying.

[/quote']

that is an accurate representation of the gameplay