Sign in to follow this  
GoodNewsEveryone

Bought a 14 slot server from DefconServers

Having trouble setting it up, I installed the dayzmod through their control panel, but not sure how the config should work or how people get the US names like US46 etc..The server is hosted in Virginia

Thanks

Edited by GoodNewsEveryone

If I were you Id ask for a refund, and then report them for selling servers below the minimum requirements

How many slots should I run?

We've found that 50 slots per server strikes a good balance between resource requirements and number of players.

The minimum slot count for new servers is 40. We highly recommend running a 50 slot server, however.

The one exception for this is for developing countries or countries where bandwidth is very expensive.

For those countries minimum slot count is now 30.

that or up your slots to 40 or 50

really though, Id tell them you want a refund, for breaking dayz rules. and then find a different host that actually follows the rules set forth by the DayZ dev team (to avoid having your server blacklisted)

EDIT:

I just re-read what you wrote, and it seems like you bought a arma 2 server from them, not a dayz specific server? in that case please keep in mind what I posted above, DayZ requires at least 40 slots on the server. once you meet that requirement, please refer to http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1251-want-to-host-a-dayz-server-read-in-here/ that post and follow the instructions.

Edited by xiuide

If I were you Id ask for a refund, and then report them for selling servers below the minimum requirements

that or up your slots to 40 or 50

really though, Id tell them you want a refund, for breaking dayz rules. and then find a different host that actually follows the rules set forth by the DayZ dev team (to avoid having your server blacklisted)

Fuck, I wish I would have known