Salous

Looking for a few more

Have a group of 10 guys who play DayZ. Looking to add a few more to the ranks. We're a US based group with people playing all throughout the day. If you're interested in joining or want to learn more be sure to go to our website.

About us:

We do not consider ourselves survivors nor bandits. We kill anyone and everyone who is not apart of the group/on teamspeak. We're a gaming community, this is not a group made for or based solely on DayZ. Most of us have been in The Cohort since Planetside and will be playing Planetside 2 once its released.

Things we look for:

1. Must be 18 years old or older.

2. Must be able to work as a team and listen.

3. No ragers, if you bitch and rage when you die, you will be kicked.

4. Must have teamspeak 3 and a working microphone.

5. Don't get attached to gear. We're a team and gear the team out. If you play with us, be willing to help others and give gear. Its not about what is best for you, its about what it best for the group.

6. Thick skin. If you can't take a joke, then don't apply.

7. Communication. Don't spam teamspeak with useless information. Say what needs to be said in as little words as possible in a calm manner when working together.

When one joins the group they're on trial. If at anytime we believe you do not fit in or if we don't like you, you will be shot and banned from Teamspeak.

www.thecohortgaming.com

Post in the recruitment thread, you will be contacted for an interview on Teamspeak. Feel free to also contact me on steam. User name is zrba, it will show as Salous.

Edited by Salous
  • Like 3

When one joins the group they're on trial. If at anytime we believe you do not fit in or if we don't like you, you will be shot and banned from Teamspeak.

Oh yeah, this doesn't sound like douchebag bandit behavior. Regardless of how you "view yourselves" saying something like this makes you the douchebags of the world... and no better than a bandit.

"herp derp we don't like you, we shoot you regardless of your threat level, herp derp"

You are a bandit, posting around the bandit campfire.

Edited by Caviano

Oh yeah, this doesn't sound like douchebag bandit behavior. Regardless of how you "view yourselves" saying something like this makes you the douchebags of the world... and no better than a bandit.

"herp derp we don't like you, we shoot you regardless of your threat level, herp derp"

You are a bandit, post around the bandit campfire.

Would a douchebag give you a warning or a heads up about kicking and killing you? I think not. Thanks for posting though, this is a good example of the type of person that we don't want. Also, I do believe this is the bandit forum...

Edited by Salous
  • Like 1

Would a douchebag give you a warning or a heads up about kicking and killing you? I think not. Thanks for posting though, this is a good example of the type of person that we don't want. Also, I do believe this is the bandit forum...

Oh didn't mean to express that you weren't in the bandit forum. I'm saying it's idiotic to say "we don't consider ourselves bandits" MEANWHILE, you shoot people you "dont like", and post in the bandit forum.

So yeah kinda... a douchebag would act like a douchebag, and the typical douchebag would think he's being nice about it.

You are a bandit, post around the bandit campfire.

agreed. thats just a dick move to invite someone to join your group, then shoot em if you dont like em. good luck getting people to join with that attitude.

• Like 1

This is one of the BEST clans ever. I have gotten a lot of good gear and went on runs for gear with these guys and I can only say that I honestly Love these guys. If your looking for a clan then Join now. :thumbsup: :beans: :beans: :beans: :lol:

This is one of the BEST clans ever. I have gotten a lot of good gear and went on runs for gear with these guys and I can only say that I honestly Love these guys. If your looking for a clan then Join now. :thumbsup: :beans: :beans: :beans: :lol:

This kind of looks like the OP making a new forum account to self bump. Just saying, when I only had 1 post, I didn't know how to put in those pictures of beans. So this seems weird.

Edited by Caviano

I'm sorry you so butthurt princess..Sorry mate but I am my own guy. Just rage somewhere else.

Rage? What do you mean?

It's pretty simple.

"We don't consider ourselves bandits"

-posts on bandit forum

-shoots the 'uncool' or rather the ones who "don't fit in, or [they] don't like"

-Exhibits all mentalities of a bandit.

Edited by Caviano
  • Like 1

Oh didn't mean to express that you weren't in the bandit forum. I'm saying it's idiotic to say "we don't consider ourselves bandits" MEANWHILE, you shoot people you "dont like", and post in the bandit forum.

So yeah kinda... a douchebag would act like a douchebag, and the typical douchebag would think he's being nice about it.

This kind of looks like the OP making a new forum account to self bump. Just saying, when I only had 1 post, I didn't know how to put in those pictures of beans. So this seems weird.

Sounds like the start of someone getting ragey

Edited by Nimbus

I have been playing with this group for a couple of months now and I have had no problem what so ever. As long as you don't act childish (hence the 18+ plus rule) then you will integrate into the group absolutely fine.

Best group mentality in any group online, I have joined. No - we do not consider ourselves bandits as we do not kill for a singular goal of looting other players. We kill other players if we consider them a further threat to the group as a whole and this includes idiotic, childish actions and reactions to the group.

Please, ignorant members of the DayZ community: think before you type and consider the definitions of what you are accusing. I know through playing with this group that everyone within has mutual respect for those who deserve it. Act like a fool - die no wiser.

Rage? What do you mean?

Oh come on, you're no novice forum troll, you know what rage means. Making 4 posts in less then an hour in a thread which has nothing to do with you, I would call that rageing. You have more posts in this thread than I do, thats a raging troll at work if you ask me.

Edited by Salous
  • Like 1

Oh come on, you're no novice forum troll, you know what rage means. Making 4 posts in less then an hour in a thread which has nothing to do with you, I would call that rageing. You have more posts in this thread than I do, thats a rageing troll at work if you ask me.

Of course I know what "raging" is.

I meant, I'm not sure how you thought I was raging, I was only making fairly valid points about the consistency of the OP. Yeah, post has nothing to do with me per-se, but it does have something to do with the overall socio-political aspect of the DayZ forums which should remain constant. My actual amount of concern of any of this, is minute. I stray far from anywhere where a bandit may be wandering. And certainly wouldn't want open a dialogue with someone in-game who states they will kill anyone that doesn't fit it.

If fitting in has my life tied to it, fuck fitting in, and screw the community you have built. But I think everyone should be very wary about the wording of the OP... because their lives are on the line.

Edited by Caviano

I meant, I'm not sure how you thought I was raging, I was only making fairly valid points about the consistency of the OP. Yeah, post has nothing to do with me per-se, but it does have something to do with the overall socio-political aspect of the DayZ forums which should remain constant. My actual amount of concern of any of this, is minute. I stray far from anywhere where a bandit may be wandering. And certainly wouldn't want open a dialogue with someone in-game who states they will kill anyone that doesn't fit it.

If fitting in has my life tied to it, fuck fitting in, and screw the community you have built. But I think everyone should be very wary about the wording of the OP... because their lives are on the line.

You're still raging...

You know this is a game right? Its your characters live it not like you real life depends on it.

• Like 1

You know this is a game right? Its your characters live it not like you real life depends on it.

Wow... you're a smart one aren't you? Figured that out all on your own?

I'll 'like' that for you, just because it made me laugh.

Edited by Caviano

ive been runing with this clan for a few months now, and the rule of killing then banning works, we help people get good gear. We kill them so

1. we get our gear back.

2. they cant use the gear we got them to kill us.

But we are friendly till you turn on us.

But we are friendly till you turn on us.

This is understandable. This is NOT what the OP says.,

Edited by Caviano

I too have been running with this group for several weeks / months. Not only have I found a group that knows what it is doing and is focused, I have found a gaming community that I plan on following to other games in the future.

We take people who join in and give them the opportunity to run with us and prove their team mentality and maturity. If they can't cut it, or don't fit in, they get removed in the way safest to the rest of the group. Salous spelled it out for you in his post, so if you don't want to join because you fear you will be killed - don't. However, if you are mature and can handle playing the game as part of the group with a group mindset, and not a selfish "out for me" mindset, you will do fine. Believe me, I did.

I've had more fun in this game than any others in a long time, and when I joined this group, my enjoyment of the game continued to grow. Do yourself a favor and give it a shot if you think you have what it takes.

• Like 1

I too have been running with this group for several weeks / months. Not only have I found a group that knows what it is doing and is focused, I have found a gaming community that I plan on following to other games in the future.

We take people who join in and give them the opportunity to run with us and prove their team mentality and maturity. If they can't cut it, or don't fit in, they get removed in the way safest to the rest of the group. Salous spelled it out for you in his post, so if you don't want to join because you fear you will be killed - don't. However, if you are mature and can handle playing the game as part of the group with a group mindset, and not a selfish "out for me" mindset, you will do fine. Believe me, I did.

I've had more fun in this game than any others in a long time, and when I joined this group, my enjoyment of the game continued to grow. Do yourself a favor and give it a shot if you think you have what it takes.

Could not have said it any better myself Zait. I don't believe that troll will be returning...

This is understandable. This is NOT what the OP says.,

You're annoying. Shut up/

This is by far one of the best groups I have been apart of. My first group wasn't tatical at all. However; this group is. If you are looking for people who are willing to have a good time and use team work, this is the people you need to get ahold of. If you don't be a dick or just a dumbass then you will have a good time with them.

Intelligent.

Could only stay away for 97 minutes aye?

Could only stay away for 97 minutes aye?

Got into a pretty heated firefight. Shots fired, blood was lost, but my band of survivors pulled through. And to the victor goes the spoils: BRAND NEW TRACTOR WITH ARMAMENTS!

Hurrah for the light!